2011 Pushup Challenge!

Options
Dear MFP friends,

I am not good at pushups. I do the girly-style, knees-down kind of pushups. And I can barely struggle my way to 10, even when I'm only going down a inch or two.

But that is about to change!

On Monday, January 24, 2011, I will start doing 10 pushups every day, adding one more every following Monday. By the end of December, I will (hopefully) be doing 58 pushups a day!!

Who's with me??

Replies

• omgsayalathieo
    Options
    I am! I can barely manage 15.....I'm soooo in on this one!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Sounds good, but you may not want to do them everyday, as your muscles recover and get stronger during rest periods. You may want to change the goal to 4 times a week or something like that
  • Wocawa
    Wocawa Posts: 136
    Options
    Count me in!
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Hi there have you seen the onehundred push up challenge app and website.....it is hard but very very good- I am a new convert to push ups and am getting decent arms ooh!
  • MrsSommer
    Options
    hahah Yep, count me in too. I have ZERO upper body strength!
  • AndriaLL
    AndriaLL Posts: 162
    Options
    Me! Why is it so hard to continually do something that really doesn't take that long, like pushups? I needed a challenge :)
  • sandylouwho
    Options
    This is starting to look good! I'm glad you're all in on this with me!

clioandboy: I just checked out the 100 pushup challenge site.. wowee! I don't think I'm quite ready to do 100 pushups within 6 weeks. Maybe that will be my 2012 challenge!
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    This is starting to look good! I'm glad you're all in on this with me!

clioandboy: I just checked out the 100 pushup challenge site.. wowee! I don't think I'm quite ready to do 100 pushups within 6 weeks. Maybe that will be my 2012 challenge!

Lol! I have been doing it for way more than 6 weeks and I've not done 100 in a row yet BUT it gives great structure to building up!!!! I highly recommend it even tho I'll probably never do 100!!!!
  • SarahR1984
    Options
    i want in! i've never joined a group like this, how does it work?
  • sandylouwho
    Options
    I think we should all check in on Mondays (and whenever else you want to) and let each other know how it's going, share tips and encouragement. If everyone wants me to, I could make a spreadsheet to track progress, but otherwise we can just keep it casual!
  • lynn12
    lynn12 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Count me in, I don't remember the last time I did pushups
    I have to start some time I think this will help me lot great idea
  • gbtesq
    gbtesq Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Count me in, too!
  • sandylouwho
    Options
    Monday, January 24: 10 pushups completed!

Yes, they were knees-down, but I tried my best to dip down to the floor (I think I made it to my elbows...).

Good luck on yours today!
  • lynn12
    lynn12 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    My husband is great support he is going to do the challenge with us
    10 pushups completed
  • yacker678
    Options
    I am in too. I am going to do my 10 right now!!
  • chantalwhite
    Options
    Hi!! Just signed up today and I am so up for the challenge!!
  • nilisabel
    nilisabel Posts: 338
    Options
    I'm in and going one better - I have never been able to ever do a single pull-up the real way. I want to be able to do 25 in a row by the end of this year? IS that even do-able? I dunno. What do you think MFP peeps?
  • yacker678
    Options
    I just did my 10 for the day. I did them the girl way, but that was way hard!! GOOD CHALLENGE!!
  • yaafee
    yaafee Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Push-ups, done. Pull-ups...I don't even know how to start.
  • kuarta
    kuarta Posts: 65
    Options
    I want to join this as I can't do pushups at all.