Working out in heat

Steveeee
Steveeee Posts: 62
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Does it make a difference to be working out in heated environments, making you sweat more?

This could be from wearing more layers of clothes, to simply working out with a heater on.

Or does it simply dehydrate you quicker with no great benefit?

Replies

• I dont like to workout when its hot cuz i cant seem to get moving..i stopped working out durring the summer months cuz it was just way to hot for me..i felt like i was dehydrated and i felt like i was over heating even tho i would drink a ton of water durring my workout session so i personally dont workout in the heat..these winter months r great for me cuz i can sweat and not feel like im over heating..this is just my personal veiw on it but i hope i was of some help..take care and good luck..u CAN do this!!
  • To be honest, I don't particularly like it, but it's easily tolerated if I know it comes with greater results.
  • bump?
  • LMac423
    LMac423 Posts: 82
    All it really does is help you lose water weight which, if you drink water, comes right back. However, things like Bikram Yoga which is in a heated room are useful in getting your muscles loose. =)
  • kiuney
    kiuney Posts: 68
    It's going to dehydrate you and you probably won't last as long nor have as good of a workout because you're uncomfortable.
This discussion has been closed.