How Often Do you Weigh Yourself?

Options
I'm just curious how often everyone weighs in? I think I was doing this too often and was getting discouraged.

Replies

• bellanean
    bellanean Posts: 220
    Options
    Like 10x a day... no joke.
  • hannahncakes
    Options
    I'm trying to do it once a week but I keep jumping on every day- I can't help myself!!
  • yaya0527
    Options
    I try to limit myself to once a week...I don't own a scale, either. I weigh in at my school in the gym. I guess I'll need to purchase a scale for the summer, though.... :happy:
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Usually every 4 weeks.
  • SMJohnson27
    SMJohnson27 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Everytime I would try to diet before this, I would weigh in everyday. But I became really discouraged. So, this time, I decided to weigh in on the 15th and last day of the month. I started mfp on jan 3rd, and weighed in on the 15th. And in 12 days I had lost 9 pounds. It made such a huge difference. I am more motivated to keep up the calorie tracking and excercise doing it this way.
  • jenblwr
    jenblwr Posts: 53
    Options
    I weigh myself about 2 or 3 times a week, but only record it once a week.
  • yaya0527
    Options
    I try to limit myself to once a week...I don't own a scale, either. I weigh in at my school in the gym. I guess I'll need to purchase a scale for the summer, though.... :happy:
  • BeckyJill7
    BeckyJill7 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself nearly every day but I only track it once a week. Every day I don't log it in is just motivation to keep my butt moving!
  • Shan605
    Shan605 Posts: 41
    Options
    Every Tuesday morning before i eat or drink anything
  • Jizes318
    Jizes318 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I am the same.. at work I jump on the scale we have but I do my "Weigh In" on Mondays.
  • tara3103
    tara3103 Posts: 107
    Options
    Daily...although I only record it on Monday mornings as soon as I wake up.
  • krapweezl
    Options
    I used to hop on the scale at least every day, if not twice a day. That was a point of stress for me watching my weight go up during the day and was pretty discouraging. Now I try to check my weight once per week. That way, even if I lose only one pound, I can see that the number went down. At least for me, that helps.
  • mariasheehan
    Options
    Monday is my weigh in day :-) so I officialy record them, but I hop on a few mornings a week for 'a look' :-)
  • crissimoyer
    Options
    Every morning on my own scale. If it's more than a 2-3 lbs difference I watch what I eat till I'm back at where it should be, or less =) It's a way to keep myself in check.
  • Proudmumofboys
    Options
    I think I was weighing myself almost everyday, and was getting way to discouraged w/ myself and would then go off track. When I didn't see a difference I would get really mad.

So I like the idea of setting a date of each month and weighing in, I think I will have to do that. Thanks everyone! :)
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Like 10x a day... no joke.

why? we have normal daily fluctuation that cause us to usually weigh more throughout the day due to ingesting food and fluid.
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    i try to every morning after peeing and before eating. sometimes i just can't face it and go without a day or two.
  • Sohnsearae
    Options
    Weighing in more than once a week messes with my head and I get down if I see a gain of any sort even if it is just ounces and propbably water, so I weigh in every Monday, it helps keep me accountable over the weekend!
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh once a week, but it was causing me to get very discouraged. Now I am starting to weigh once a month. My next weigh in will be the 12th of February, so hopefully I will see much bigger #'s then!
  • jessecobra
    Options
    use to be every 2 weeks. But since i started lifting i cant go by my weight. i have to measure.