feeling upset !

Options
bit upset today - just read my diary and after it being my sisters birthday this week i have realised iv ate crap all week ( 2 takeaways this week - today I also ate crap as was so upset as my dog was in vet and was stress eating choc) BUT iv still lost weight ?????? so dont know if to be happy or cry atm

Replies

• amr_227
    amr_227 Posts: 23
    Options
    We all have your bad days. Don't beat yourself up.
  • sarakaufman
    sarakaufman Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    hey you lost weight thats a good thing. I would be happy about that and just bounce back and grab an apple for a snack thats healthy. You'll get back in the grove. Cheer up girl.
  • Shellz206
    Shellz206 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I agree, don't dwell on it. Be happy you still lost weight and get yourself back on track!
  • jennylynn84
    Options
    It's possible to eat crappy quality food but still lose weight because you're staying in calorie range. And with a lot of special occasions and stress, sometimes that happens. I've recently realized I'd just slipped into eating a lot of crap quality snacks and stuff. The important thing is that you realize your actual diet is lacking and address it. You don't have to feel bad about this. It's easy to get caught up in the numbers and neglect the details, especially when you've got a lot going on.

But, as one of my MFP buddies said, "Assess and address!"
  • Lydbell
    Lydbell Posts: 28
    Options
    :happy: I think focusing on the positive is a good way to go. You recognised you didn't make good food choices so it shows your aware and that's half the battle. You still lost weight YAY as long as your still doing your exercise give yourself a break and try to do better next week. :)
  • givprayz
    givprayz Posts: 328
    Options
    People can lose weight on a crap diet, but it isn't healthy. Forget about the aberration and move on. :smile:
  • Thorneapple
    Options
    Bad weeks happen, its just part of life. Sounds like you are still making good progress though. Just brush yourself off and move on.
  • lotty1987
    lotty1987 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    cheers guys - thing is i was still within all limits ! when im thinking more about it

the mcdonalds - i only had the burger and threw away the fries

the chinese - i had half a portion of chicken chow mein and 6 prawn crackers

TGI Fridays - i had steak and half the fries and half the starter ( giving the rest to my sister and dad )
  • ladyrebecca25
    Options
    We're all human and we all feel your pain! I'm just starting my life change today so I know that those bad days are coming. All I can say is don't sweat the small stuff and get back on track. You have to realize it's okay to enjoy those little "bad" snacks we want once in a while and lifes to short to beat yourself up everytime you make a bad choice:) You'll be fine, shake it off and decide to have a better day!