Taking huge breaks between weight loss could help you.

Options
It has helped me, i went several months eating good and did a lot of cardio. i went from 210 to 178 and then hit a wall.... im guessing my body adjusted?. So i decided to experiment and went on a 3 week spree of eating what ever i wanted and lifting heavy weights at home. in the 3 weeks i gained 1 pound. the following week i decided to hit the diet and cardio again. in that 1 week i went from 179 to 172. and i can tell my muscles have grown as well from the heavy lifting. I finally got over that wall by not letting my body get use to 1 thing. has anyone else tried this and had success?

Replies

• schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I have! it really does work to diet then take a break on maintenance cals then to hit the diet again on intervals.
  • RaeannePemberton
    RaeannePemberton Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    taking breaks and changing it up definitely helps in all aspects of diet & exercise. BUT don't let that translate to "go crazy" for a week.... it is possible to do all kinds of damage if you ingest a lot of bad foods in a short amount of time. it sounds like you may have found something that works for you... so that's great!

i'm "stuck" myself... and figured i might try the BodyMediaFit (like a body bugg) to help me along. I can't figure out if I am eating enough or not while doing Insanity.... and after losing over 100 lbs I'm STUCK!:grumble:
  • onefunnybroad
    Options
    That's what I'm doing this week. I noticed I wasn't eating ENOUGH - which causes starvation mode to kick in, and is just as bad as eating too much. So I'm going to eat WELL, but without restriction, for a few days. Weigh myself Monday, see how I'm doing, and adjust accordingly. It's just so hard to break your mental commandment of "if you eat more, you will gain weight" when you've taught yourself that for so long.
  • cem789
    cem789 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    yes!! if i eat 1200 a day every day i lose 2 or 3 pounds then stick! its only when i have 3 or 4days of eating around 2000 that i lose!

i think your body goes on a diet again!