life changing events

babydutch03
babydutch03 Posts: 4
edited September 23 in Introduce Yourself
In the coming year, I will turn 30 and will get married. When I was in my early 20s, I didn't have to worry about diet or exercise, even though I did eat fairly healthfully, and exercised all the time. 2 year ago, I herniated 2 discs in my back and was not able to run or exercise for over a year. I gained 17 pounds. Once I started running again, I lost all of it. AWESOME! However, I want to get back to my "comfortable" weight...which is still 10 pounds to go. I am hoping that by tracking calories and exercise, it will help me! My birthday is May, and my wedding is in December. Lots of time, but sometimes too much time is not good either.

Any suggestions???

Replies

• Well, first... congratulations on your engagement!! Very exciting!
    And it's great that you want to start your life as a married gal in good health!

Are you still running? Do you do any type of strength training regularly? You'll be so amazed at what lifting weights can do to your metabolism, and you WILL NOT bulk up! :)
  • tater8589
    tater8589 Posts: 616
    I agree adding some weights, more muscle burns more fat. And toning looks awesome. Be honest with yourself and the portion sizes you eat. Be carefull lifting, you may want to talk to a trainer before lifting be make sure you don't re-injure your back. Congrats on your engagment and 17lb loss. If you don't already drink lots of water, just that could drop some weight. Good luck :)
  • Xandi
    Xandi Posts: 319
    Congratulations!!!
    I think you can track your calories and exercise and see what works for you, when you lose weight, ow you lose weight and inches.
    It is very motivating being here. Everyone is awesome and friendly! I look forward to reading everyones comments and questions.
    :happy:
This discussion has been closed.