BULL *kitten*!

ashleyjea1985
ashleyjea1985 Posts: 190
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
No matter what I eat I will always maintain a weight of 130-135

So a month and a 1/2 ago I started working out almost every day/other day. and no more soda, fast food, i have been counting calories...

so i finally step on the scale a month and a half later...
EXACT SAME WEIGHT!!!

im honestly pretty much done. im busting my butt and eating boring food, when i could be the SAME weight and drink the soda i love and have mcdonalds and pasta again!!

its just not fair, im putting in too much work for NOTHING.

Replies

• I dunno about that.....there is more to health than weight. :smile: Think about how healthy your heart and arteries are when you're eating clean!

:heart:
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    up your game in the workout department. It may help to add speed or more power bursts in your circuit
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    How tall are you? Are you sure that your goals are realistic?
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,271 Member
    Deep Breath.... Lets just try and figure out why. I'm of the opinion that If your weights not changing its because your not doing something right SO lets try and figure out what it is. Its simple science really so lets figure out where science is not working :)

Let me ask a few questions

When you work out how do you know how many calories your burning? Do you wear a HRM?

How much water are you drinking?

Ill go look at your diary and see if I can find any issues
  • Don't get discouraged! It's harder for some of us than others. I always start off REALLY good and then hit a brick wall, so I know how you feel.

Just keep at it and think of all the good things you're doing for yourself!! Like someone else said, there's more to health than weight.

(130-135 isn't a terrible weight; I'm actually working towards 130 right now).

Besides, if that's you in your picture there: you're BEAUTIFUL!!! :-) Don't stress.
  • Whatever you DON'T GIVE UP! I know exactly what your feeling the same thing happened to me. I tried different things and what worked for me was changing my workout. Give it sometime, you are doing great. Don't stress. :flowerforyou:
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    How about some more protein and less carbs. You seem to be eating a lot of carbs and not a lot of protein.
  • Amb1976
    Amb1976 Posts: 241 Member
    Don't get discouraged! It's harder for some of us than others. I always start off REALLY good and then hit a brick wall, so I know how you feel.

Just keep at it and think of all the good things you're doing for yourself!! Like someone else said, there's more to health than weight.

(130-135 isn't a terrible weight; I'm actually working towards 130 right now).

Besides, if that's you in your picture there: you're BEAUTIFUL!!! :-) Don't stress.
    exactly what i was gonna say! she took the words rite outta my mouth :smile:
  • vayax
    vayax Posts: 152 Member
    how many calories are you eating? maybe you are not eating enough ;)
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    this is what I did and tell people with this problem....check your hormones!! read up on them, I know what body type I am and what I need to do to keep losing weight....I always thought I was a 150's girl...but holly hell I've hit below 130, how!! it was the hormone thing!! :)....
  • Leannek74
    Leannek74 Posts: 374 Member
    How are your inches? Muscle weighs more than fat and if you replaced your fat with muscle your clothes will fit better, you'll look better and your energy will be better.
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Trust me..i know how you feel. I have been fluctuating between 135-138 for NINE months. I exercise 1-2 hours 5 days a week and eat fairly healthy...but even when I do eat fatty meals I still stay in that 3 pound range.I started P90X and have done it for 45 days. I am half way through and am the same weight and my clothes fit the same, meaning no lost inches. It is very frustrating. Trust me, I feel like giving up too. But then I think about where I could be if I did give up completely. It wont get me any closer to my goals, so I keep on doing what I am doing and hoping that eventually, something happens. Just don't give up. :)
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 776 Member
    Deep Breath.... Lets just try and figure out why. I'm of the opinion that If your weights not changing its because your not doing something right SO lets try and figure out what it is. Its simple science really so lets figure out where science is not working :)

Let me ask a few questions

When you work out how do you know how many calories your burning? Do you wear a HRM?

How much water are you drinking?

Ill go look at your diary and see if I can find any issues

That is exactly what I was thinking!

Maybe try logging every day and make sure you are measuring your foods. I noticed from you diary that you sporadically log. I know for me, on days I don't actually log it is very easy to accidently go over.

I'm confused by your post where you said you'd like to eat pasta and drink soda again, because your diary says you have had both of these in the last week... :flowerforyou::
  • gecho
    gecho Posts: 426 Member
    I've had the exact same problem!

I have been at a serious plateau for about 2 months but I finally lost a pound. People keep telling me that i need to change what i'm eating and my routine for my workout. Don't give up!
  • CombatVet_Armywife
    CombatVet_Armywife Posts: 300 Member
    I've gotten negative reactions when I speak about someone's diary, so I will keep my comments somewhat short...

Your foods, types and amounts, may be the issue. I only looked over about 5 days (or so), but of the ones I looked at you were either over cals or way under. I also noticed you're not tracking sodium...that is a BIG factor for a lot of people that either gain weight or don't lose. There wasn't any water logged, so I would make sure you're drinking plenty of water as well.

Good luck, I know how frustrating it is....I encountered a 2 month plateau myself...the important thing is to NOT give up. In doing so you will surely not see the results you're looking for!
  • i usually had half a gallon of soda a day.. and pasta every night..

now ive had. maybe a two liter ALL month, and pasta maybe 2 x a week, but vegetiable pasta or whole wheat
  • ashley0616
    ashley0616 Posts: 579 Member
    How about some more protein and less carbs. You seem to be eating a lot of carbs and not a lot of protein.

I second this. You are eating a lot of cereal and pasta and not a lot of fish, chicken, and other lean proteins. Change your breakfast to high protein low fat, add some nuts to your day, and end the day with lean protein and veggies and I bet you will start to see a difference. And cut back on your sugars, especially refined ones. Fruit sugars should be your biggest form of sugar, not processed. Also do what the others have been saying, change up your workouts and the intensity. if you've been focusing on cardio, switch to strength. If you've been running, try swimming. That sort of jolt to your system might be enough to get things back on track.
  • Wileyjoe
    Wileyjoe Posts: 282
    I agree with this post (combatvet- army -sry meant to quote it but messed up) - being consistent and making sure you log everything is key to continued success. I find that when I have so called "cheat items" more than one day per week the weight comes off at a slower pace if at all.

Don't give up.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,271 Member
    Ok heres what I see. Inconsistency. Stay consistent and its easier to see where your going wrong. Additionally someone else said it. your either over by a couple hundred cals or way under. I see your set to 1200 a day without exercise but I also see you eating all your cals back. Which is what your supposed to do IF you have an accurate cal burn. If you dont then you may not be burning the calories you thought you were and your way over eating. I understand a cheat here and there on some things but 130 is a relatively low weight What is your height and or current BMI. Sometimes when you only have a few pounds to lose you have to be ULTRA strict on somethings and watch your diet carefully.

It looks to me like if you could try for another 2 weeks and Diligently log all your cals and start tracking sodium. Also be drinking all your water and tracking that and then lets revisit.
This discussion has been closed.