One week closer to the new ME

Options
Just found MFP last week. So I thought I would pop in, introduce myself, and say CONGRATS to all of you who are on this journey as well. I work full time as an accountant, so you guessed it I sit in front of a computer screen all day.

I am a mom of three (12, 3, 1) and have used the excuse that I just don't have time to workout for way too long!!! Now I have to make the time. It seems that my choices are 5am, which doesn't work because I like my bed too much or 8:30pm after the two younger kiddos are in bed. Most of the past week it has been 8:30 pm, but the important part is that I have managed to find the time and can't use that excuse anymore.

I also tend to just absently eat all day. MFP is a great way to track my calories. Love that I can just scan the bar code with my phone and add it to my food diary. No more guess work.

Right now I am competing in our office BL and my goals are 1) never miss a workout on the WII Sports Active 9 week challenge, 2) never gain for the week so I don't have to pay in (it's a $1/lb gained), 3) finish in the top 5 - preferably in the top 2 out of 21, and 4) lose 20 lbs by March 1st. BL goes until March 25th so I will have to keep motivated.

I want to drop 80 total, but that is just too big of a number, I have to break it down in 20 lb goals to keep from getting discouraged. Maybe smaller as time goes on.

We could use all of the encouragement and support. So lets keep each other going on our journey to the new us!!!

SW 229.2
CW 221.2
1 goal 209 by March 1st

Replies

• sarahbear119
    sarahbear119 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Good luck and lots of amazing goals. My sister and I are both working out together which is helping and MFP helps you keep honest with yourself.
  • LFern
    LFern Posts: 141
    Options
    I sit in front of a computer all day too - on my slow times since joining MFP - I stand up and walk in place. When nobody is around, I do 10 jumping jacks. Shadow boxing moves my arms and upper body so I can do that sitting down if I want to! The awesome thing about MFP is that every MINUTE of MOVEMENT no matter WHAT type it is - it COUNTS!!!!

Good Luck to you!! I've been here a little over a week and I'm more addicted to MFP than I am to Facebook! The positive energy is INCREDIBLE!
  • coleensouther
    Options
    First on all - you can do it! I recently turned 60, hadn't worked out in so many years that I didn't know if I ever could again - then my daughter snookered me into this site -AND AM I GLAD - I decided I could do it - and I have walked a mile every day (except one) due to traveling for 3 weeks now -and never in my life have I been so aware of "what" I am ingesting...............and - like my daughter says "when you know you have to log it - you just pass it up - most time!) LOL! It is sooooooooooo true. Anyway - bless you dear - you go for it - and you do it - BECAUSE YOU CAN!!!!!!