Hello - new to this game...

Options
I've never counted calories in my life, watched the fat content and followed GI principles, but never counted calories.

So why am I here? Well I did lighterlife 6yrs ago and lost 3st... and I kept it off. I'd gain the odd 1lb or 3 one day but would shake it off again by a few days later and always went back to my lowest of 9st 2lbs (I'm 5'1"). But after last new year I started to gain. I gained 5lbs over the whole year - not a lot you might think, but as it went on and didn't come off again, I thought it was about time I did something about it before it got any worse. I can't remember how I found this site but thought I'd join to see what happened.

Within the first week I ate fairly normally, just filling in my food diary to see how bad I was actually being - but I noticed that I wasn't actually eating the number of calories assigned by the site (the typical 1200) so 'topped up' with chocolate!!

However, I lost 2lbs :oD

This week, my 2nd week, I have been watching more what I've been eating, choosing 'the right' foods but seem to have struggled even more to eat enough, and I haven't lost anything (despite 'topping up' with more healthy options!).

I've been reading all the topics about not eating all your calories but the concept is still totally alien to me.... I just can't get my head around eating more to lose weight and hate the thought that I might gain even just 1lb, even if it will help to get me to my goal (which is 8st 12lbs... just to say that I'm under 9st!!).

Anyway.... a bit of a nothing post..... just to introduce myself really!

Hello ;o)

Replies