new recipes

Options
I'm looking for some good recipies that I can make for the week and freeze I'm tired of the same old thing. So I would like some ideas please.

Replies

• TheReluctantDragon
    Options
    At our house we freeze lean taco meat. When we are ready to eat, we have Taco salad with salsa, yellow peppers, lettuce, and avacado. The little ones can have tortillas with the meat.
    I don't know if that will work for you, but I hope it helps!
  • _Jessica_
    _Jessica_ Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Spaghettie freeses super well. We use that one a lot. Basically anything we cook for supper we take the left overs and make them into little meals and thow em in the freezer. Like tonight I am having steak and rice that we had froze and I took it out and trew it in the micro. we even make enchiladas and freeze em. So I guess my suggestion is what ever you are having for supper, make extra and stick it in the freezer. That way you will build up your own frozen dinner menue and you can have something different every night!
  • cajgallagher
    Options
    I cook for a family of six so I have to think of my football player sixteen year old but my dieting self as well. I love making red beans and rice with turkey sausage-- easy crock pot recipe. Soak beans over night, rinse in AM, put in crock pot with cut turkey sausage (polish, smoked, etc) a bay leaf, some salt and pepper, and some cajun seasoning to taste. Another recipe is browned ground turkey or chicken and marinara sauce (crock pot it) add extra veggies like diced tomatoes, diced peppers, onions, etc. I use fiber gourmet pasta for me and regular wheat pasta for the kids :) I love using Hungry Girl recipes for ideas on how to make good food low fat and low calorie... weight watchers also gives great recipes online...
  • limonami
    limonami Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I cook a turkey once a month.
    I debone it.
    Then, I take all the meat and separate it into small bags.
    I label the bags with labels such as
    -stir fry
    -sandwich
    -side dish
    ect.
    You can then have them on hand during the month to make whatever you want.
    I also bought myself a machine called Seal A meal
    It sucks the air out of each bag and then seals it shut.
    I just love it.
    It's very handy to have.