kids are old enough for me to make time for me - overdue!

jenupt
jenupt Posts: 2 Member
edited September 23 in Introduce Yourself
hi everyone - we have 2 great kids who are now 5 and 2 - the youngest has finally exited his mommy stage and i can actually go down to the treadmill without a shadow...i've been working out on the treadmill for about 2 months...i usually run/jog for 2 miles at 5-6 mph and then walk at 3.5 with an incline of 6-12% for another mile...i do this 3-4 x/wk...the other days i'm trying to do circuit training - we have the P90X dvd's but to do the series is way too intense so i choose which one i want to do - i love the cardiokickbox and the plyometrics...

i have been at the same weight since i had my little man and can't seem to budge below the 150 mark which is so frustrating because i'm losing inches all over...after 1 day of entering my food i have realized it's my calorie intake - huge "duh!" moment but i feel like using this site will keep me honest since i'll have to enter it...

i'm looking to lose 15-20 pounds by my birthday which is in july - should be doable especially with the help of this site...

if you're on a journey like mine let me know and we can buddy up and help each other out! i'm thinking i'll do a challenge in february headed toward running a 5k on st patty's day...i'm running one on super bowl sunday so depending on my time i'll probably aim to cut my time down for the march one...

Replies

• stephaniekendrick
    stephaniekendrick Posts: 87 Member
    Welcome & good luck on your journey!

I am a mom of 2 as well and am way overdue for taking care of me. My youngest just turned 5, however, so I waited too long! lol

The support on here has been amazing and everyone has a ton of advice!
This discussion has been closed.