creatine or not

mrichardson23
mrichardson23 Posts: 5
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
hi all

i have been reading reviews on creatine and i am unsure weather it will help me to get the results i want. i started off by loosing weight as i was 17stone and has taken me the just over 9months. i now weigh 12stone 11pound. what i want to do now is just tone what i have and keep the size i have, as my chest is 44inches and waist is 34inches, although any fat i do hve is around my stomach which i dont want. i have read that creatine helps with muscle repairing and energy for the muscle, what i want to know is this true and will it benifit me??

any posts are always appreciated

Replies

• NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Bump to see others people answers on this.

However, know that if you do use creatine, you will gain muscle mass, not "tone". So only use it if that's your goal.
  • Pinoy_Pal
    Pinoy_Pal Posts: 280 Member
    I'm about to start on a creatine cycle, and from the research that I've done on my own, it's seems like it's more beneficial for those who are trying to put on some mass. If you're just maintaining then it makes no sense for you to be able to lift more weights.
  • Ben2118
    Ben2118 Posts: 571 Member
    From the little I have read about Creatine, its boosts testosterone enabling you to build bigger muscle mass (work out for longer), it retains water in the muscle so they "appear" to be bigger, can cause diarrhea and sudden mood swings especially with young people. One long-term disadvantage is that there have been studies that have shown that Creatine supplements may cause kidney damage.

Ben.
  • _Bro
    _Bro Posts: 437 Member
    Kre-alkalyn (creatine) should not cause bloating. Creatine will buff up your muscles and help lose a little water retention. Be sure to drink lots of water while on this product. I was using another brand from wal-mart and had bloating.. Problem seemed to go away when I switched over..

Would like to hear others thoughts on this as well.
    Here's a link for some reviews on it..
    http://www.supplementreviews.com/scifit/kre-alkalyn-powder
This discussion has been closed.