My boyfriend doesn't like the new me HELP!!!

Options
Guys and Ladies Please help!! My boyfriend is against my wieghtloss goals and says if I lose any more he will dump me:brokenheart: ?? I've only lost 3lbs so far...Makes no sense I was 20lbs lighter when we met :sad: What can I tell him or do??

Replies

• amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    personally I say it's time for a new boyfriend. Sorry
  • princessputz
    princessputz Posts: 283 Member
    Options

Agreed! He should support you no matter what.
  • dawnkitchen
    Options
    Have a serious talk / go to couples counseling / get a new boyfriend.

There's no reason you should endure any negativity for trying to be healthier person.
  • jreseburg
    Options
    . You have to decide, what is best for YOUR life. Any boyfriend worth his salt should support what is best for you.
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    time for a new boyfriend!
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options

Agreed! He should support you no matter what.

I gotta third that. Sorry. He sounds very insecure. :frown: My ex constantly sabotaged me. Been there, done that, and you notice I said EX.
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Wow thats horrid! If he is that into appearances he probably doesnt love the real you deep inside. My husband would love and put up with me no matter the size, and he has seen me at all of them. Sounds unhealthy ... im sorry you put up with that!
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I second the call for a new boyfriend. If a man can't appreciate you for who you are and what you want to be, he's a chump. You're a beautiful girl, and you'll find plenty of better men out there if he doesn't wise up and support you.
  • hippygeeza
    hippygeeza Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    i say he doesnt deserve u and u should come out for a drink with me instead :O) lol
  • rmplteazer
    Options
    Dump him...don't ever let a man (or boy) tell you how you should look or feel honey.
  • Fgillies
    Fgillies Posts: 194
    Options
    He is probably intimidated by your new attention to your weight/workouts etc. I know i just talked with my boyf the other night...I said, hey, i hope you dont mind weve switched things up a bit, and were staying home for dinner now..we only saw eachother 2 times last week, and once was for like an hour. But he knows its important to me, and he actually started going to the gym with me, and even SUGGESTED we get the fat free cheddar ( lol)

So maybe include him? If he doesnt have weight to lose, or is already in shape, tell him you'd love his support so you can get in the best shape possible too. Maybe he is feeling lack of attention..

if not....bon voyage - not worth your time. This is for your health... :)
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Is your goal within a healthy BMI for you?

If it is, dump him. No one needs to be given ultimatums. You deserve better!

If it isn't, maybe he is just concerned for your health.
  • quara
    quara Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Agreed! Why would he be trying to keep you down? He must have some issues with himself, not you, so don't listen to him. It would just be the start of living a life you're not happy with!!
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    agreed also he s terribly insecure!!!!
  • cmw72
    cmw72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    He says if you lose any more weight he'll dump you?

That sounds like a problem that will soon resolve itself ...
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    Well if you like controlling freaks that tell you what to do, when to do it or when to stop, then stop losing weight.

If you like being control of you life and your health tell him your going to lose the weight and if he don't like then "kick rocks" and you will find someone that supports you.
  • CuteMommy88
    CuteMommy88 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    time to move on!! what a douche!!!
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    He says if you lose any more weight he'll dump you?

That sounds like a problem that will soon resolve itself ...

LOL Chris! I love it... :)
  • Ben2118
    Ben2118 Posts: 571 Member
    Options

what she said.
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Agreed! he's insecure and you do not need that! If losing weight is what YOU want, DO IT. He does not own you! And, I bet he will not dump you if you do lose 20lbs. He's trying to control you. Don't fall for it.