Newbie looking to make motivational friends.

Options
Hi
I am a 44 year old male that was once in great shape just a few years ago but with work, kids and life...my body has been somewhat neglected and my eating habits have slipped dramatically.

I use to run on average 5 miles per workout and worked out about 4-5 days per week. I have been using MyFitness Pal for two weeks now and really enjoy tracking my diet. I also use Nike+ and wish there was a way to integrate my runs with MyFitness Pal.

In any case, I live in Lake Elsinore, California and I am hoping to make motivational friends in this forum that can give me a swift kick whenever I start slacking…lol

Happy training!

Replies

• LauraKB
    LauraKB Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Welcome & Good Luck!

I was quite fit until I started having kids and then... well... life got in the way! Now I'm having to make a huge effort to change my habits for the sake of my health! I even taught aerobics in my early 20's... so I know what I need to do! It's just taken me several years to actually get of my keister and do it.

My little guy is out of diapers now and life is running in a smooth rhythm. I'm married, have 3 kids, and love to read!.... I'll friend you and we can keep each other motivated!
  • IndyRick
    IndyRick Posts: 172
    Options
    Welcome to the boards! Please, feel free to add me as a friend if you wish. :) I'm more into cycling than running, but...movement is movement!
  • Angela8482
    Options
    I hear you Newbie!! Im a newbie too and need that extra kick in the butt!!
  • improvstitute
    Options
    Newbies UNITE!!! Lol - add me if you like cwade (or anyone else for that matter). We can all use the help!
  • SirJFK
    SirJFK Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hey cwade,

I am a newbie 2 so welcome to the club, I too can use the motivation so plz add me as well if you want. I'm new to all this so I could use all the friends and motivation I can get :tongue:

John
  • xyril
    xyril Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm a newb too ! Feel free to add me to your list if you wish.
  • oneof9
    oneof9 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. You can add me as a friend as well. Everyone needs a good kick in the butt every once in a while. I know I do. This is a great place to get the motivation that you need.
    Good luck.