Anyone size 6 or smaller?

Options

Replies

• p_cakes
    p_cakes Posts: 282
    Options
    Old Navy usually has some good deals on jeans and I always see the smaller sizes.

I used to have the same problem, but with bigger sizes. I got up to a size 16-18 and could never find anything that was my size that was the style. After a certain point it becomes the elastic pants, and I was not about to go there. This is the reason for my weight loss plan. haha.

I'm hoping to be around size 8. I know around here usually at places like TJmaxx and things like that there are a tons in those sizes.

Like I said, Old Navy usually has good jeans and if you can wait a bit for their sale you can get them for a good price!
  • liscar
    liscar Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Old Navy has great jeans :) cheap, nicely shaped and last a long time
    :)
  • LettyM62
    LettyM62 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, for all the great ideas. I'll keep those stores you mentioned in mind.
  • LettyM62
    LettyM62 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I know we are talking about jeans. But I figure I can pose this question as well: where do you shop for skirts?? Like I mentioned above, I have a small waist and larger bum and hips. I am 5'4 by the way. I have recently been all about dresses, but when I try to shop for skirts I have no luck what-so-ever. Gapping in the waist in order to fit my hips. Any suggestions?

I'm sorry I don't have any suggestions for skirts, except to buy the size that fits your hips and take them to a taylor or seamstress for alterations. I don't usually wear skirts or even dresses because I have red blotches on my calves from a medical condition, and I'm very self conscious about them.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I have the hardest time shopping! I'm 5 feet tall and thin framed. I can fit in a girls 12, a teen 0 or 1, and a womens 0 or 2....it all depends on brand. I would love to shop for jeans in the teens or womens department. I'm usually relegated to kids because I'm so short. Getting boot cut jeans altered isn't an option...it just doesn't look right. I refuse to pay $60 for a pair of jeans for the 'shorty' section.
    My favorite store is Goodwill....I may have to hunt a while but I can usually find a few very gently worn pairs or jeans and pants from Ann Taylor Loft that are petite size 0's and they fit perfectly. It's worth an hour spent hunting though the racks to come out with $300 worth of merchandise and only spend about $30.
  • nsueflorence
    nsueflorence Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    And one more pointer I wanted to throw out there. Once you find something you like/love sign up on line for their email service. Then you always know when they have a said on that item. IE gap, old navy, etc.

that goes for anything. I know sometimes its like gosh all I ever get is retail email.... But you have to know when to hit the stores to get the sales!
  • Lisamarie1226
    Lisamarie1226 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    It's hard when you have to look for short or petite styles. As much as I love TJ Maxx and Ross, it's hard to come by anything not
    "regular". Target, Kohls, & Old Navy are great for short/petite sizes. For work trousers/nicer pants, I really love Van Heusen (if you have an outlet mall near you). Go when they have great sales (like around holidays and typcial 3 day weekends) because they will have 50% and then another 10-15% off. I usually fit into the next size down when I shop there ;-) I'm a size 6 now but I did try on some 4s and the fit...just a little too snug in the booty and tummy....but it was a nice incentive/motivator ;-)
  • cybernet00
    cybernet00 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    When I was that size I had that problem until they built a Kohls by us http://www.kohls.com/. They have a great selection of petites selection and they have good prices.

Oh yeah and don't forget that a size 6 is I believe a size 18 in juniors, so you can wear their stuff too :wink:
  • colombiana444
    colombiana444 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you have tried forever 21. I am a size 2-3 and their jeans fit perfectly! plus i've gotten them as cheap as $15 :)
  • jmathews
    jmathews Posts: 196
    Options
    Macys has a great selection of jeans in the petites section and won't break the bank when on sale.

You can find tons of smaller sizes on clearance at Macy's. I got a pair of Lucky for $10 and change and some Tommy's for $14. Oh yeah, got some Levi's for $8....
    I'm a 2/4 since I lost weight (55#) and haven't had the problem you're having but I did when I was a 12/14.
  • MDillon0305
    Options
    American eagle have fabulous jeans & you can get them in "short" for us shorties out there. And they're under $40,
  • ceebs9
    ceebs9 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I'm a 0/2 depending on the make. I try to either find the jeans I like at consignment stores or ebay. My problem besides length is that my legs are short and more muscular than the designer jeans I like, so they're always too big in the waist or too tight in the thighs. I wish they'd make some nice jeans for women who work out.
  • melham
    melham Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I'm having a lot of trouble finding pants and jeans that fit me now, too. I'm 5'1", and I found some Wrangler jeans for $32 regular price at Academy about a month ago in a junior's size 3 short that fit (unfortunately now they're too big, but I'm okay with that). Don't be afraid to try on junior's sizes, you might just find a good fit.
  • furrina
    furrina Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Zara is great for grown-up clothes. H & M, Urban Outfitters, Forever 21. Consignment shops and if you have anything like a Buffalo Exchange (clothing exchange/sales, not a thrift or consignment shop), those are great for stylish and very cheap "recycled" fashions. And a good tailor shouldn't charge much for a hem job.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I was always OK with finding a 6 - but now I"m in 0 and 2, it's impossible. My boss gave me a Macy's gift card for xmas to buy pants, he was tired of seeing mine hang on me. I found three pair, which I rotate all week. I'm 5'4" but not petite at all, I generally buy regular length shirts and pants as I'm still built with a good foundation, despite losing weight. I've considered ordering online but need to try them on. My 11 yo son's size 12 fit me, except for length are too short. My friends tease me about buying in the kids section, but I'm 40 can don't want to do so that either.

I made my own jeans years ago and just don't have the time now, I may need to get all those old patterns back out.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    You can find tons of smaller sizes on clearance at Macy's. I got a pair of Lucky for $10 and change and some Tommy's for $14. Oh yeah, got some Levi's for $8....
    I'm a 2/4 since I lost weight (55#) and haven't had the problem you're having but I did when I was a 12/14.

It must be the area you live in. I was at Ross and TJ Maxx last week and they had racks and racks of large sizes, but nothing in smaller sizes. It was discouraging.
  • tessjordan88
    tessjordan88 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    There's an outlet mall local to me. I got a great pair of Gloria Vanderbilt jeans at Kohl's for $9.99 a few months ago. You just have to wait on their special sales, usually once a month or so. Now I buy my jeans at the Vanity Fair/Lee/Wrangler outlet. I paid $4.99-9.99 per pair for the ones I wear now (Lee Riders, Chic, and Levi's). If you don't have an outlet mall near you, try J.C. Penney's website. I know they have smaller sizes and petites, sometimes on clearance. If you already have a brand & size preference, you can order them online and be assured to know you're getting some that fit.
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    mine are usually too long, size 3
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Kohls is my drug of choice. :heart:
  • coronalime
    coronalime Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I took 2 pairs in for alterations..I REFUSE to give them up. She did a GREAT job. I just recently bought a few GAP jeans..They arent bad price wise..I mean I never pay full price. Ours here through facebook has 40% off every Wednesdays on full price items. and I get coupons in the mail all the time. Plus dept stores on Fridays have like 20% off coupons and I can buy Jrs when needed..can get those cheap. Plus consignment is the way to go lately. ! Everyone is out for more money and consignments (again in my area) have been booming!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!