Senior Citizen needing to loose weight

Options
Hi I am new here and I am in my early 60's and really need to loose weight. Have dieted in the past and had no problems loosing the weight, but finding it much harder now that I am older.....not as easy as it use to be.......any support would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• gummi212
    Options
    I'm so impressed that you're here! You've taken the first step in a great direction, now you just have to keep moving! You can start out simple and make a pretty good amount of progress. The food tracker tool on here is awesome. I started out just using that and making sure I'm always moving while I watch tv - folding laundry, walking/running in place, doing crunches. I don't have too much time except for a couple of hours in the evening, but I'm already down almost 7 pounds in just a month.

Hang in there! The results will be worth it!
  • mousiegirl
    mousiegirl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It helps to have ppl to talk to about it. This is a great tool! I agree with Gummi212, it is soooo helpful to see what you have already eaten and where you could change habits. If i can help at all let me know. I too am getting up there in age and it is much harder to take off as we get older.
  • mk820
    mk820 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm 54 and have lost weight in the past. I too find it harder the older I get. I run a nutrition program for Seniors and it is depressing to hear Seniors in their 70's and 80's talking about having to lose weight. I've been doing it since I was 8....I don't want to spend the rest of my life in the same place. Good luck to you!!!!
  • GrandmaLinda
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement......it means a lot and the best of luck to you all.