Calories you have left over for the week...

Options
If you have "extra" calories left over for the week that you should have eaten but didn't, can you eat them on the weekends when you're not working out and need to eat more than the 1200 calories?? Do they "Roll Over" or will this kill your weight loss goal? Anybody know? Thanks!

Replies

• HealthyishWithMaggieG
    Options
    I don't track weekly. I just keep track of daily nutritional values.
  • annpat28
    Options
    I read on here somewhere that you can.
  • Kolohe71
    Kolohe71 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    It’s only my opinion, but it probably doesn't hurt anything as long as it is done in moderation.

For instance, if were to you stay 100 calories below your daily goal and therefore have a weekly deficiency of 700, then going over 100-200 on one night would not necessarily be a bad thing. However, if you were to consume all of those extra calories at one time your body will be more prone to storing them as fat.

Not sure how valid this argument is, but maybe someone who actually knows will chime in.
  • TIFnFIT
    TIFnFIT Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    REALLY?? OH my you just made my weekend :)) or should I say SAVED my weekend!!
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Maybe not for the duration of the weekend. I'd probably use those "extra" calories for additional healthy items included during meals, if not adding items then maybe splurge it on a different meat like steak instead of skinless chicken or something. Though, I'm not too sure, as I start each day as a fresh track record. I don't track weekly calorie goals either. Seeing the progress I make as the days go by, actually makes me want to follow my daily intake even more so.

You could conduct your own experiment with yourself, but keep in mind any negative consequences that may occur. It shouldn't greatly affect you in the long run as long as you stick with your usual healthy routine afterwards.
  • TIFnFIT
    Options
    I think you make perfect sense! That's kinda what I was thinking too. I don't want my body to store it as fat, but I may want (and need since I won't have extra exercise calories to eat) to eat a little more. Thanks so much for your insight!!
  • TIFnFIT
    Options
    Thanks Anubis! Good insight too.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    No problem. Btw, I like your sig. I have a similar kind of quote. Mine is, "Knowledge is what endangers the brainless." It's almost a personal motto of mine. Lol.
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    i tend to look at my progress at the end of the week's net calories over/under to gauge how i can eat during the weekend or for a night out :o) so if i end up binging one day & am under another it'll even itself out or if i have an awesome week with everyday under a little, then that means more drinks during the weekend :o)