Protein Shakes

Options
Does any one have a real good recipe for a protein shake? I drink two a day and am getting tired of chocolate peanut butter. I use both chocolate and vanilla protein.

Replies

• NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    You can use the vanilla in a fruit smoothie with berries, banana, orange juice, whatever you want.
  • mountainwoman98
    mountainwoman98 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I add a teaspoon of hazelnut flavored instant coffee and a teaspoonful of truvia to vanilla protien powder. I mix it up in my blender with skim milk and ice and I feel like I'm splurging. I have also added berries to the chocolate and its super good.
  • kevinbc
    kevinbc Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    If you go to teambeachbody.com and join for free they have a whole list of recipies for protein shakes and the nutritional value of each one. It's under shakeology recipes.
  • lizm64
    lizm64 Posts: 8
    Options
    Thanks for the info
  • vero_1
    vero_1 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    How can you ever get tired of chocolate peanut butter??? :wink:
    Vanila and chocolate are also my flavors. Sometimes I will make fruit flavored ones and use the recipes tool to play with the amounts to get the right amount of calories (Carb/Protein/fat ratios). Some of the flavors I have tried were pina colada with pineapple chunks, coconut and rum flavoring (the ones used for baking); peanut butter and banana; chocolate mint (using peppermint extract); mixed berries and yogurt... also blended apple, carrot and orange with the vanilla protein powder. You can get a hold of a juice shack or jamba juice menu and see what flavor combos they have to give you ideas of what might taste good together and make your own version with the protein powder.
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I get Banana Magic and Orange Dream from Chike Nutrition. I also add Torini (aka Da Vinci) syrups to vanilla. Sometimes I add fruit but only when I'm going to do a major workout that day.