why do i feel and look fatter :(

Options
okay so i have lost about 6 lbs .. yet i look and feel FATTER ! its horrible and its hart to motivate myself feeling like this :(

Replies

• drosenbauer
    Options
    What sort of exercise are you doing? Do you think you're drinking more water than you did before? Have you gained muscle in any areas of your body? Are you holding in your stomach when you stand straight?
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I typically swell up alittle when I do alot of cardio. It's temporary, but it makes me feel pudgy.
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,275 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way right now. I'm drinking all my water but feel bloated and heavier than I did last week. Sometimes digestion slows down when adding fiber to your diet so water intake is important. Drinking psyllum husks, benefiber or metamucil with a liquid at night before bed can help with this and keep the tummy bloat to a minimum. Or it could be retaining extra fluid or your cycle. Could any of these be what's going on with you?
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Sounds like digestive problems AKA bloating. It should settle down. Drink hot water with lemon in the mornings. Or just drink more water in general.

It could also be muscle pump. If you have increased your exercises? Your muscles hold onto water while they recover. It's just temporary.

Dont get disheartened hun. You'll get used to all these things once you've been at it a while....:bigsmile:

Congrats on your 6lbs!! :drinker: Losing the weight is a sure sign you're NOT fatter!! Also, measure yourself :wink:

good luck :flowerforyou:
  • lmelgar
    lmelgar Posts: 18
    Options
    I know what you mean I feel the same way! I exercise everyday from running to doing some cardio videos. I drink all the water in the world and yet feel fatter then when I started.
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Check what everyone else above said (water weight, measure, fiber etc). But also check your sodium levels: sodium is my secret killer & if I don't stay below 2000 p/day I'm in trouble!
    Keep in mind, when you're losing a lot of weight, you end up with "fat syndrome". Even though I have lost 21 lbs, I still "feel fat". The truth of the crux is, I see my trouble spots even more; I'm more aware of them, I'm more aware of my flaws because I'm looking for them. You need to take a few steps back, think how far you've come; now go to a mirror, close your eyes, envision yourself with 6lbs gone. Now open your eyes & "look" at "YOU". Tell youself you are really doing SO well, you've lost 6 lbs, you can lose more, you can do better, look better, feel better; you are doing this for YOU and that in itself is Great! :flowerforyou:

Whenever you feel down or feel like you are bigger than you were, look at yourself in the mirror & have a "talk" with yourself. Focus on your good points, tell yourself what you want to work on and what you like and what you're happy with: it's amazing how you will suddenly "see" yourself as others see you - someone who is really doing well & looking better each & every day :flowerforyou:
    Welcome to your Journey - it's the best Journey of your life! And just know that there are MANY others traversing the same road as you and are there for you as much as you are there for them :flowerforyou: