Under calories and haven't worked out yet

Options
So I'm under my calorie goal by about 300 calories for the day and haven't worked out yet. I already had some peanuts too or I'd be under by about 450. Do I exercise and be that much more under or just not work out today? I feel like if I don't work out Im slacking!

Replies

• cnorris84
    Options
    In that situation, I would personally work out, atleast some cardio but not be too much under calorie intake, eat some vegetables or fruit. My new favorite are red delicious apples :-) have a glass of milk, or some toast and penut butter (protein) after you work out :-)

Good luck
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I had a day like that yesterday. I was way under, had no appetite, so I took a break from the gym. I felt like I was slacking, too, but it's good to give your muscles a day or so to relax now and then. And I had loads of energy to shovel snow then work out for an hour at the gym today! :smile:
  • EWilliamson
    EWilliamson Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    YES workout still! It will tone you and you can't ever go wrong with working out! Maybe you will want a healthy snack after! Don't worry as long as you get most of your calories in :) Good job!
  • sadio
    sadio Posts: 2
    Options
    You shouldn't be concerned with being under calories. If you were maybe under 500, yes! It's important to get that exercise in @ least 3 times a week. There are days that I am close to my goal but I am usually under by 200 to 300. Don't think that if you don't work out you are slacking. Make sure you take one or two days a week to rest..............Best Wishes......
  • hjollyrn
    hjollyrn Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input! I think I'll get a quick workout in. I work 12 hours tomorrow so I can take a rest day then!