Does anyone feel like me?

Options
I am doing what I am supposed to do and I don't feel like I have lost any weight. I have, but I don't feel or see a difference in my clothes. This can be soooo discouraging. What else can I possibly do? And I am eating the amt of calories that I am supposed to and I am working out burning the amt of calories per week that I am supposed to. Some nights I am hungry, like tonight and I don't have any calories to spare...:grumble:

Replies

• zoey116
    zoey116 Posts: 75
    Options
    This may not be what you want to hear but the less weight you have to lose the harder/slower it is. Keep at it.
  • DoralisM
    Options
    I also hate feeling hungry and having to go to bed like this. I drink a glass of water before & after dinner and right before bed but now it makes me get up to pee 2-3 times at night. How many calories are u eating? Maybe u are burning way more than u should? I had my calories at 1200 and was too hungry,:sad: then brought it up to 1250...still hungry, :grumble: 1300 wanted more and now finally 1350 and I think I'm good! I suggest u play around with the numbers a bit. My only problem is eating too much carbs (rice and pasta, which i love) but I will make better choices/alternatives for low-carb foods. Oh i also changed my % to 50Carbs/20Protein/30Fat. Hang in there my friend.. u are not alone. It will take some time to adjust! :flowerforyou:
  • paigeofpearls
    Options
    I've found that it takes at least a week to see the results of what I'm doing now. And at first, it's discouraging. It took me a couple of weeks before my appetite consistently lowered and it was easier to map out my daily calories. I think exercise is really the key to losing! I have to do a few different kinds of exercise each week to challenge my body and keep it from getting into a rut. You'll do great! Just keep being consistent, and the weight will come off.
  • lacy81
    lacy81 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have lost 7lbs, but like you my clothes don't fit any different. I'm just trying to stick with it and not focus on losing weight, but focusing on training myself to eat because I'm hungry not because I want to. This all will pay off, but it may take awhile.
  • mangos4music
    mangos4music Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    i know how you feel. but results take time and you just have to remember that it is soooo worth it in the end! :bigsmile:
    i understand tho, i will weigh myself on the scale at the wic office and then weigh myself a week l8r at my friends house and it will say i gained 2 lbs after i bust my butt and watched what i ate. but the fact is that all scales are calibrated just a lil bit differently and the only accurate way to weigh urself is on the same scale every time. just keep ur head up tho and keep working hard you can do it!!!!! :happy:
  • N_g_la
    N_g_la Posts: 7
    Options
    I'm sorry you feel discouraged. I have definitely been there.
    On nights I feel hungry, I have a cup of tea or extra water and go over my diary for the day and make a note not to eat those food choices / combination again noting how hungry I was. I also try to set some mini goals for myself with non food / calorie rewards.
    If you are doing what you know you need to be doing then celebrate the success of the day with a mini reward meaningful to you. No matter how discouraged you may feel for the moment, you're better off than before you started doing anything at all.
    Hope this helps <3
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I am doing what I am supposed to do and I don't feel like I have lost any weight. I have, but I don't feel or see a difference in my clothes. This can be soooo discouraging. What else can I possibly do? And I am eating the amt of calories that I am supposed to and I am working out burning the amt of calories per week that I am supposed to. Some nights I am hungry, like tonight and I don't have any calories to spare...:grumble:

How fast are you trying to lose the weight? If you are at 2 lbs a week, try to cut it back to 1.5 pounds and give yourself a few more calories. Check out this page for ideas on how to set your weight loss target appropriately.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61706-guide-to-calorie-deficits
  • mountainwoman98
    mountainwoman98 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Some people lose first in their face or arms so they don't notice a change in clothes fitting differently. Don't get discouraged sweetie...we all lose and gain weight in different areas at a different rate. Keep up the good work and you will see a change.
  • TrainerRobin
    TrainerRobin Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you feel discouraged. I have definitely been there.
    On nights I feel hungry, I have a cup of tea or extra water and go over my diary for the day and make a note not to eat those food choices / combination again noting how hungry I was. I also try to set some mini goals for myself with non food / calorie rewards.
    If you are doing what you know you need to be doing then celebrate the success of the day with a mini reward meaningful to you. No matter how discouraged you may feel for the moment, you're better off than before you started doing anything at all.
    Hope this helps <3

Nice, thoughtful response. :)

And a great point -- use our past food diaries to learn what worked well for us (were we full enough and did we lose weight that day or week?) to know what to replicate and what not to replicate. Excellent pointer!

:flowerforyou:
  • CowgirlHustle
    CowgirlHustle Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    That's the pits! I've been there. Definitely look at your food diary and see if you have eaten too many "empty" calories. Packaged items or treats take up a lot of calories but don't give you much fuel. It is more difficult when you are down to your last 10-20 pounds, but you can still lose 1-2 pounds a week. If your body is getting used to what you're doing, you can plateau. Try 1200 calories one day and 1400 the next, and so on. Keep in mind that 1200 calories is considered pretty extreme. Most women who exercise should be around 1300-1400. A pound is 3500 calories, so you have to create a 7000 calorie deficiit every week to lose 2 pounds---that is NOT easy to do! Be patient with your weight loss. Also, crank up the intensity, not the duration, of your workouts. If you do sustained walking or jogging, try sprint intervals instead--you can do fast intervals on an elliptical too. You should be uncomfortable when you exercise---difficult to speak in complete sentences. If you haven't added strength training, this will also help your metabolism and progress. Muscle burns more calories than fat, even at rest. It also looks better in jeans:wink: Stick with it--what's the alternative? The only way out is through! You can do it!
  • aeevr
    aeevr Posts: 34
    Options
    Proteins are proven to satiate over the long term. Try to replace carbs with more protein (and even some fats).

And definitely drink plenty of water.