Caramel Pudding Pumpkin Cupcakes (hungry girl)

Options
corey_e
corey_e Posts: 162
Caramel Pudding Pumpkin Cupcakes
(Makes 12 servings)
Per serving (1 cupcake): 108 calories, 2g fat, 188mg sodium, 21g carbs, 0.5g fiber, 12g sugars, 2g protein

Ingredients for cupcakes
• 2 cups moist-style
• yellow cake mix (1/2 of an 18.25-ounce box)
• 1 cup canned pure pumpkin
• 1/3 cup fat-free
• liquid egg substitute
• 2 tablespoons sugar-free
• maple syrup
• 2 teaspoons cinnamon
• 2 teaspoons Splenda No Calorie Sweetener (granulated)
• 1/8 teaspoon salt
Ingredients for topping
• 3 cubes (about 1 ounce) chewy caramel
• 2 teaspoons light vanilla soymilk

Directions
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
• Combine all cupcake ingredients in a mixing bowl with 1/3 cup of water. Whip with a whisk or fork for 2 minutes until well blended.
• Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick spray or line with baking cups. Evenly spoon batter into muffin cups.
• Place pan in the oven and cook for about 12 minutes (until cupcakes have puffed up but still appear a little gooey on top).
• Once cupcakes are cool enough to handle, arrange them closely on a plate so that the edges are touching. Place caramel and soymilk in a tall microwave-safe glass or dish (mixture will bubble and rise when heated).
• Microwave at medium power for 1 1/2 minutes. Stir mixture vigorously until smooth and thoroughly blended. (Return to microwave for 30 seconds at medium heat if caramel has not fully melted.) Immediately drizzle caramel sauce over cupcakes.

I made these tonight and YUM! Mine however turned out to be only 88 calories per cupcake! Here’s what I used to do that.

Pillsbury supreme moist sugar free cake mix
Mrs. Butterworth’s sugar free, I compared all the different brands and they were 30 and 40 calories versus Mrs. Butterworth’s 20 per serving.
I used splenda with fiber added rather than plain splenda
Instead of caramel candy I used smuckers fat free caramel syrup.
And there you have a yummy treat 20 calories less than the original recipe! :love:

Replies