P90X Recovery Week of PHASE 1!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
WELCOME TO RECOVERY WEEK OF PHASE 1

Congratulations all challengers, we have officially made it through our first 3 weeks of P90X and now we get to recover a bit. This is the time when we should pull back a little in our intensity and really start getting pumped that we are going to be in PHASE 2 in a week. For me, this has been my first run through of P90X and i am very proud that i have made it this far. I started off a little rocky with the nutritional guide but i have a grip on it now because of all the tips and advice that was given to me in the board. When i originally decided to start this board and challenge, i had no idea that i would get such a big response and that there would be so much activity in the board. I really wanna thank everyone for checking in so much and sharing their daily experiences with P90X with all of us. I honestly have to check into the board everyday now because i am so excited to see how everyone is doing. Thank you all for making this so special for me and for other people as well.

Now onto Business

i am going to post our recovery week schedules in another post.

P.S. I am not going to ask you guys to post your current measurments again until we are out of phase 1 which will be the end of the week.

Replies

• sarina87
    sarina87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Recovery week Schedule is the same for all program of P90X

Day 1: Yoga X (92:24)
    Day 2: Core Synergistics (57:27)
    Day 3: Kenpo X (58:46)
    Day 4: X Stretch (57:32)
    Day 5: Core Synergistics (57:27)
    Day 6: Yoga X (92:24)
    Day 7: Rest or X Stretch (57:32)

Classic: WEEK 4, Recovery & ab focus: After three weeks of taking a pounding, your body will be begging for some relief – and this transition comes just in time. Don’t expect this week to be easy. As a matter of fact, it may seem harder than the previous weeks if cardiovascular fitness is your weak area. But it will allow your body to recover from the hard resistance and will enhance your adaptive process. You’ll also focus on tightening the entire midsection into a hard, ripped sheet. Core strength, balance, and flexibility are the focus of the week as your body increases its stabilizer – muscle strength during recovery and ab focus.

Lean: Week 4 RECOVERY: Before you get comfortable, you’ll need to back off a bit. While not easy, this week will allow your body to recover from hard resistance training while continuing your adaptive process. Core strength, cardio, and flexibility are the focus of the week as your body builds more engrams and increases stabilizer-muscle strength.

Other Programs: Follow the plan in your programs. I'm not quite sure what they are but i am sure they are similar.
  • sarina87
    Options
    And our Challengers are..............

*Classic Recovery Week Challengers*

maexxy
    pghatc41
    PJudt
    kc4173
    newman84
    snowsflake
    kappy2hot
    bohochick
    mschelle
    melzteach
    jordan1221
    tuduis
    sixpackgoal
    jbeans67
    think48

*Lean Recovery Week Challengers*

sarina87
    chelsiburnett
    bethvandenberg
    epeebes
    AidaR
    melterp
    Aintnet
    Jsnbabb1
    cdngrl81
    CombatVet_Army
    jUstd0iT31
    Mello_Jello
    Melisha82
    mschelle
    quentien3
    quadrun250
    amnski
    mafery
    AIMEE23

*Doubles Challengers*

JWALL101
    Rappla88

*Other Programs (Insanity and P90)*

happinessblossom
    heabear
    shellync

*Unknown Program*
    andreab84
    aweigh2go
    maru09
  • chelsiburnett
    Options
    i am excited!!!
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    bring it on. I looking forward to a change.
  • melzteach
    melzteach Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I am super excited. Although scared about Core. I do not care for Superman/Banana.
  • CombatVet_Armywife
    CombatVet_Armywife Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    My recovery week begins Monday....looking forward to it!
  • 321Detonate
    Options
    Not quite... for the Lean schedule we do Cardio X instead of Core Syn on Day 5. But otherwise they're identical.

I start recovery week on the 24th. Yoga twice in a week... YAY :heart:
  • sarina87
    Options
    Not quite... for the Lean schedule we do Cardio X instead of Core Syn on Day 5. But otherwise they're identical.

I start recovery week on the 24th. Yoga twice in a week... YAY :heart:

Holy cow, you are right, wow i had a brain fart. Well, i will fix that right now
  • sarina87
    Options
    Recovery Week schedule

For Lean Program

Day 22: Yoga X (92:24)
    Day 23: Core Synergistics (57:27)
    Day 24: Kenpo X (58:46)
    Day 25: X Stretch (57:32)
    Day 26: Cardio X (43:18)
    Day 27: Yoga X (92:24)
    Day 28: Rest or X Stretch (57:32)

For Classic and Doubles

Day 22: Yoga X (92:24)
    Day 23: Core Synergistics (57:27)
    Day 24: Kenpo X (58:46)
    Day 25: X Stretch (57:32)
    Day 26: Core Synergistics (57:27)
    Day 27: Yoga X (92:24)
    Day 28: Rest or X Stretch (57:32)

P.S. Sorry about that everyone, i typed the original up too fast apparently.
  • Rappla88
    Rappla88 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    starting recovery tomorrow!!! I'm ready for it!!!
  • Rappla88
    Options
    whoops forgot to post my weigh in.... this is where we're supposed to weigh in this week right???

JAN 3 183.2
    JAN 9 185.4
    JAN 16 183.2

Today Jan. 22: 181.4 :bigsmile:
  • pghatc41
    pghatc41 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to the recovery week, feeling a bit tired and rundown (got lots of snow over past 3 days so shovelling 2x/day doesn't help). Numbers still trending in right direction so I am happy and motivated. Didn't think I would notice a difference in only 3 weeks but happily I do. More energy and can feel I am a bit thinner.

JAN 3 191.2
    JAN 8 192.8
    JAN 15 190.6
    JAN 22 189.2
  • snowsflake
    snowsflake Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I'm a week behind, so Week 3 for me will start on Monday the 24th

Here are my stats

SW - 01/09/11 - 236
    W1 - 01/15/11 - 235 - 5-6 inches lost
    W2 - 01/22/11 - 236 - 5 inches lost

I'm melting...and I LOVE it! Now just to get myself to do ab-ripper X...:grumble:
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Alright ladies/gentlemen. Here it is have gained 4 lbs. OMG But am down 5" overall. 1" waist, 2" hips, 1" arms and 1.5" in my legs.
    Weight 201 ughhh :(

However I did go find out my body composition today and my BMR is 1802. So I'm going to figure out my math and really get eating enough calories. Was only eating 1250 and I think my body revolted. I'll get it on track. Have to say that I love the Kenpo workout. I can feel it in my lower back and sides so I know that those love handles are going away. :) Glad I'm doing this with y'all and sticking with it.

Bring it
  • sarina87
    Options
    weigh-in
    Starting weight:172
    Jan 8: 170.8
    Jan 15: 170.0
    Current Weight: 167.8
    Total loss this week: 2.2 Pounds

Overall, i am so happy about this weeks results. Last week i barely lost anything. Then for this week, i took in more calories and started having protein shakes. I honestly felt i would gain a pound because i am doing my workouts without a HRM and takin in more calores. But nope, i got a good number this week. All i can say is Awesome and i'm out of the 170'S B*@tches. hee hee. I really didn't mean that literally. I'm just so excited.
  • sarina87
    Options
    Alright ladies/gentlemen. Here it is have gained 4 lbs. OMG But am down 5" overall. 1" waist, 2" hips, 1" arms and 1.5" in my legs.

However I did go find out my body composition today and my BMR is 1802. So I'm going to figure out my math and really get eating enough calories. Was only eating 1250 and I think my body revolted. I'll get it on track. Have to say that I love the Kenpo workout. I can feel it in my lower back and sides so I know that those love handles are going away. :) Glad I'm doing this with y'all and sticking with it.

Bring it

You are not the only person i have heard about this happening too. Thats really good that your measurments are going down and honestly in my opinion i think that shows more than actual pounds lost. You should be really proud of what you have accomplished so far.
  • sarina87
    Options
    The Weigh -ins are looking good, i'm glad you all found the board
  • chelsiburnett
    Options
    Oh my!!! I am not happy with myself!! i seem to be gaining every week except for the first...I guess I need to listen to my brother in law who tells me that the scale does not matter its the inches that do!!! I have lost inches, but I know we are not listing them till next week so I won't spoil my surprise ~!! LOL Well Here are my results

Jan 1st- 143.2
    Jan 8th- 139
    Jan 15th- 139.8
    Jan 22nd- 140.4

I am ok with this considering I know I have to be gaining muscle.....Positive thinking!!!!
  • chelsiburnett
    Options

Bring it

You are not the only person i have heard about this happening too. Thats really good that your measurments are going down and honestly in my opinion i think that shows more than actual pounds lost. You should be really proud of what you have accomplished so far.

Agreed!!!
  • Rappla88
    Options
    Great job so far everyone!!!! Keep it up!!!