accountability partners

Options
I have been exercising to Jillian this week was gonna get real brave and start working out p90x. sure that was way out of my league at the moment, but i know do what you can and stay moving., looking at the threads i read about chalean extreme. sounded great, just hope i don't bulk cause even in my best shape for a short female i have linebacker shoulders. went thru the disks everything works except burn 2 and 3 but if it's following the rest of the disk with same excise just more weight so that's my plan. found the calendars needed since mine didn't come with the disk.

would just like to give encouragement and motivation to others who will friend me. karsmith0513 ask that you be my accountbility partner at least once a week to make me stay on track.

i am a 48 yr old grandma that loves dogs and motorcycles. I had major back surgery two ago. last year was doing good with jillian's 30 shred and have an awesome kickboxing instructor, but now that it's cold out and a long ways to drive for kickboxing. a few seasonal health issues but me down.

I'm ready for no more excuses in 2011 to do my best for spiritual workout and physical workout.
Hope to have help. thanks K

Replies

• JHRSr58
    JHRSr58 Posts: 14
    Options
    You can do P90X if you remember to ......"Do your best...and forget the rest!"

An example is that when I started doing the Abs Mason Twists, Tony and crew were doing 50. I started out doing only about 8, waited a few seconds, did a few more, waited a few more seconds, did a few more, and then thought I was going to die. Later I finally got to 15 before I had to rest a few seconds and then jump in again for more. After six weeks I FINALLY was able to do 50 without a break -- although it almost killed me. But I felt on top of the world for being able to do them.

Another example is pull ups. Tony and crew were doing 15 to 25. I could only do 3. But I used a chair to keep helping me cheat my way up to make myself stronger for the next time. I kept increasing the number before I needed the chair and kept adding more chair assisted ones each week. The last two workouts I was able to do 10 and then used a chair to hlep myself up for 3 more. I know -- 10 is not a lot. But it is over 3 times more than when I first started. I'm not competing with Tony or anyone else, only wanting to improve myself.

My point is, that you do your best, using only the weight that is manageable for you, pause the machine and rest as you need to, and YOU FORGET THE REST!!! You're not trying to do as many as they are doing. You are only interested in doing better each time than the last time you worked out. Eventually it gets easier and yyou feel really proud for how you've improved. And Tony speaks to the fact of NOT lifting heavy weights but choosing the one that will let you do 12-15 repetitions which will give you good definition but not bulk. To bulk you increase the weight and only do 8-10 repetitions. so don't worry about getting too big.

Wanting accountability partners is why I made my diary public to all and encouraged all my friends to join MyFitnessPal and to monitor my progess. I even did that with my squadron commander knowing the stigma and ramifications if I failed in front of him. So you know i'm a VERY BIG supporter of having accountability partners. I will be glad to comment and assist, but only if you are sure you want me to help monitor your progress, encourage you when doing well, and rebuke you when you are failing. Some people don't take positive criticism well and so I don't want to give it unless sincerely asked. Regardless if you ask me to be your accountability partner or not, I welcome all to monitor my diary (it's public) and make comments if you think I should be doing better.

God Bless you whichever program you try and please know my prayers are with you!!!

JHRSr58 (Joe)