-70 and counting! B&A pictures!

Options
Hi guys! I haven't really posted on the message boards, but I'm feeling confident enough to post my before and after story now. :smile: I live in San Diego, so hello from warm weather! :tongue:

This was me at my worst:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v513/darkblade1/bloated.jpg

When this photo was taken, I had no idea how much I weighed. I had just met a girl, so of course, I didn't realize how bad it had gotten. Some day in April 10' I looked in the mirror and said "I can't be like this anymore." I'm not sure what changed, but something just rung in my head. I had told my girl that I wasn't going to be this size anymore. She was kind of a big girl as well, and we both agreed to start working out together. Things went well, and I even got down to 300 by the end of May:

May 10'
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v513/darkblade1/bloated2.jpg

For some reason in June, she decided to drop out, and stop going. I naturally, didn't understand, but actually stopped myself. My parents were the ones to come and snap me back into it at the end of late June.

"Why did you give up? You were starting to really look better."

I restarted on July 1st, and told the girl I was going to do it for me.

Been going on strong ever since to this day. She dumped me in October. Met another guy and told me via text message.

I use that as motivation now. As of today, I've accepted a job promotion, am a year away from having a Bachelors in Biochemistry, and weigh 247.6 lbs!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v513/darkblade1/skinny2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v513/darkblade1/skinny3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v513/darkblade1/skinny.jpg

I love how it feels, and I hope that anyone looking for inspiration can look here for guidance. No matter what the world throws out at you, you have to do it FOR YOURSELF. I did it for myself, and I can't even explain how fantastic I feel! :bigsmile:

Replies

• ♥Violette♥4Ever♥
    Options
    WOW!
  • noraht
    noraht Posts: 21
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! What a lot of work and sweat equity you have put into yourself!!!! Worth every minute too wasn't it? Again, congrats on job well done!
  • starzman2003
    Options
    Worth every minute. The whole shopping thing (since I'm a guy and don't typically enjoy) was fun. Had to rebuy an entire wardrobe. :)
  • missgreen74_2003
    missgreen74_2003 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    way to go. Congratz on the weight loss, lifestyle change, educational and work success!
  • MusicalMe
    MusicalMe Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I haven't really posted on the message boards, but I'm feeling confident enough to post my before and after story now. :smile: I live in San Diego, so hello from warm weather! :tongue:

This was me at my worst:

bloated.jpg

When this photo was taken, I had no idea how much I weighed. I had just met a girl, so of course, I didn't realize how bad it had gotten. Some day in April 10' I looked in the mirror and said "I can't be like this anymore." I'm not sure what changed, but something just rung in my head. I had told my girl that I wasn't going to be this size anymore. She was kind of a big girl as well, and we both agreed to start working out together. Things went well, and I even got down to 300 by the end of May:

May 10'
    bloated2.jpg

For some reason in June, she decided to drop out, and stop going. I naturally, didn't understand, but actually stopped myself. My parents were the ones to come and snap me back into it at the end of late June.

"Why did you give up? You were starting to really look better."

I restarted on July 1st, and told the girl I was going to do it for me.

Been going on strong ever since to this day. She dumped me in October. Met another guy and told me via text message.

I use that as motivation now. As of today, I've accepted a job promotion, am a year away from having a Bachelors in Biochemistry, and weigh 247.6 lbs!

skinny2.jpg

skinny3.jpg

skinny.jpg

I love how it feels, and I hope that anyone looking for inspiration can look here for guidance. No matter what the world throws out at you, you have to do it FOR YOURSELF. I did it for myself, and I can't even explain how fantastic I feel! :bigsmile:

Great job!
  • peachea
    peachea Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    congrats on the weight loss!!! you look great! sorry about the gf. i'd simply say her leaving opened up doors to the prize you deserve. she was just in the way of it my friend :)
  • Scarletblue
    Options
    Wow great job, sorry about the girlfriend, but impressed with how the rest of your life seems to be falling into place nicely.
  • feenixgate
    Options
    Congrats!!!
  • xabbix
    xabbix Posts: 14
    Options
    wow congrats :) u look fab now hun.
    the ex needs to look at ya now and see what shes missing xx
  • boardshorts
    Options
    Great job!
  • ErrataCorrige
    ErrataCorrige Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Congrats on all your hard work. Thanks for the motivation!
  • sgreene87
    sgreene87 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    It looks like it is your ex gf's loss. You look great! WTG on your motivation and strength. Sounds like you have a very supportive family which can be half the battle. Keep us posted on how your doing.
  • heyitsmekatie
    heyitsmekatie Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I love your story! I agree, you have to do it for yourself. Congratulations on your success!
  • starzman2003
    Options
    Thanks for all of the kind words guys. Hopefully the next update I have is when I hit the final goal of 235. My father wanted me to set a final point, so I said 235 to make him happy. :D
  • wintervixen78
    wintervixen78 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Well done and keep up the great work! You WILL reach your goal. You're in great shape and a very intelligent man, focused in many ways and all done by you power!! 8:o)
  • Glos_Bloke
    Options
    You look great! Brilliant job!

I can't wait to post my B/A pics when I hit my goal. :smile:
  • jeni719
    jeni719 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look great!!! Thank you for sharing your story- very inspiring!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!