sorry if it's a repeat

Options
But just so i'm clear if you have stretch marks (which I do:sad: ) that skin will never tighten.

I know they wont go away, but is it really true that the skin will stay loose no matter what unless it is removed?:noway:

Somebody somewhere needs to tell me they have a tight stretch marked stomach.

Replies

• Scarletblue
    Options
    In this case I'll accept lies
  • kzskstir
    Options
    My first child weight 10lb 5oz so I had the extreme of stretch marks, not just because of his size, but because of how much weight I let myself gain! Twelve years and two more kids later, I finally decided to do something and started running for the first time in my life. I ate an extremely healthy diet and was able to flatten my tummy for the first time in my life! It is possible, but it takes a lot of effort and thought. I'm not sure how some women hit the genetic jackpot, but I sure didn't so I have to work like crazy to get to where I want to be. I have relapsed a little and have gained some weight back, but I still work out and occasionally get the gumption to kick it in again. Thank goodness I spotted MFP on Facebook because it is going to help me get into a fabulous dress for my wedding in June!
  • annie_p
    annie_p Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    My first child weight 10lb 5oz so I had the extreme of stretch marks, not just because of his size, but because of how much weight I let myself gain! Twelve years and two more kids later, I finally decided to do something and started running for the first time in my life. I ate an extremely healthy diet and was able to flatten my tummy for the first time in my life! It is possible, but it takes a lot of effort and thought. I'm not sure how some women hit the genetic jackpot, but I sure didn't so I have to work like crazy to get to where I want to be. I have relapsed a little and have gained some weight back, but I still work out and occasionally get the gumption to kick it in again. Thank goodness I spotted MFP on Facebook because it is going to help me get into a fabulous dress for my wedding in June!

Oh thank GOD! I too had a 10lb 50z baby, 21 1/2 in long...oy!(Looking at him now you'd never gues, he's become my little peanut). I had stretch marksbefore but wow...There's a freekin road map on my belly! Thank's for the boost of hope!:drinker:
  • elmct57
    elmct57 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    you're young and still have the collagen and elastin in your body. may take time, but you will see a difference. go for some toning type exercises as a change up a few times a week...me, it's taken 3-4 months before i started seeing a difference. was really bummed. take acai supplements--it'll help and do you use cocoa butter or vitamin K cream or gel (like derma e brand)?