No More Fat Birthdays!

Lynnie76
Lynnie76 Posts: 1
edited September 23 in Introduce Yourself
Hi all!
One of the girls at my Zumba class the other night told me about this site and I decided to give it a try. I turned 35 yesterday and made a promise to myself that this would be my last overweight birthday. I don't like the way I feel so I've decided it's time to get up on it because I know it won't get any easier as I get older!

I've pretty much been overweight since I hit puberty. I look at pictures of when I was a kid and don't remember being slim, just short. Once I did pass puberty I developed the large bust and hips that all the women on my mother's side of the family possess.

I love to dance, which is why Zumba is great for me. I get to dance and don't mind that I get all sweaty.

I'm really hoping that this site can give me a leg up and meet my goals. I know I have a rockin' body under all this flab. Can you guys help me find it?

Replies

• LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    :flowerforyou: Welcome to MFP. Where are you doing Zumba?
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Good for you girl! Everyone here is super friendly and supportive! I'm here for motivation if you need :happy:
  • jisabelle
    jisabelle Posts: 156 Member
    Welcome :happy:
    This place is the best!
    Zumba is amazing!!
    keep doing that and keep withing your calorie goal and you will start to see a difference.
    It will take time and it will be hard but be patient with yourself and you will get to your goal.
  • Chrissun
    Chrissun Posts: 148
    Happy birthday (yesterday), health is a great gift to give yourself!
    This site has been amazing for me! The people are supportive and inspirational!

Welcome!
  • NyteMirage
    NyteMirage Posts: 315 Member
    I agree with you there! My birthday is in December. So I'm hoping to be fit and healthy by my next Birthday! *smiles* You can do it!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,218 Member
    hey you! welcome!
    Ive been going to zumba since last may and am hooked! love the atmosphere of the class and love dancing and the fact that u burn calories! im sure if you stick to your calories your new body will find you. feel free to add me a friend so we can motivated each other :)
This discussion has been closed.