Bananas?

Options
2»

Replies

• katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Bananas are NOT high in calories unless you consider 105 or 110 calories "high".

I bet the same people who tell us that bananas are "bad" are the same people who tout eating 100 calorie snack packs of chemicals.

Oh and take my advice if you can. YOU ARE NOT ON A DIET!!! You are trying to change your eating habits so you can be healthy for life. Eat a mainly whole foods diet, stay within your calorie limit and the excess weight will come off.

Real food doesn't kill us. Eggs, butter, bananas (!!!) are not the problem here. Processed foods, too many calories of even the good stuff and inactivity is at the root of our obesity problems.
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with bananas??? :huh:

They are one of the best sources of Potassium around, which not only helps lower the risk of hight blood pressure but it prevents muscle cramps in training etc. And they are full in Vitamin B6... something like 30% of DV in one banana.

The world is going mad. People eat cake for years and then worry about a bit of fruit sugar... :noway:
  • donbogi
    donbogi Posts: 175
    Options
    I love bananas!

I try to eat one each morning - they are high in Potassium which helps my blood pressure.

I say go for a banana each day!

Cheers!
    Don
  • crosedonahue
    crosedonahue Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I eat a banana EVERY DAY. They are an excellent way to recover your muscles from working out. Mmmmm!
  • elid
    elid Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    The world is going mad. People eat cake for years and then worry about a bit of fruit sugar... :noway:

Well said!
  • purple1butterfly
    purple1butterfly Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of this. Bananas are very good for you, high in nutrients and fiber. They even have protein. I have bananas often for breakfast and am still losing weight.

I have been told if you suffer with cramp to eat a banana
  • DTetz
    DTetz Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies!! And I actually saw this on a side add on this website :) I'm glad bananas are good because I really want a banana smoothie
  • MemphisMarly
    Options
    This **** is bananas.

b-a-n-a-n-a-s