Newbie from UK

Options
Hi all,

Just joined a few weeks ago and astonished how good this is, iphone app alone has seen me lose 6lb in three weeks. Would love to get to know a few people, esp. if you're based in the UK, but not exclusively! I'm hoping to lose a couple of stone as I'm most comfortable in my skin at around 9 and a half stone (about 133 pounds to you yanks) but I'd be content at 140 and am currently quite delighted with 163!

Cheers,
Carina

Replies

• chiliflea
    chiliflea Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Hi Carina!

I'm Claire and I'm in Wales... Well done with your loss!

I've got about 10st to lose (so just a tad more than you lol) and so far have lost 12lbs in my first week! Good start but I'm sure it won't be as big a loss next week!
    It's really excited me to see what i can do though!

Hope you have a good weekend x
  • VP72
    VP72 Posts: 89
    Options
    Hi!

I am also from the UK, I have quite a bit more to lose than you but my target is also 9st 7 to 10st, I'm 38 years old & am 5ft 5in. This is my 2nd week and in my first week did Cabbage Soup Diet for a kick start & lost 5lbs, so have 70lbs to lose. I am now sticking to 1200 cals & weigh in on Monday so keeping my fingers crossed!

Add me as a friend if you like.

Good Luck!

:smile:
  • ixannaq
    Options
    Hi Carina and Claire
    I'm from Ramsgate in Kent.

I joined last Sunday. I've not had a brilliant week but this week I've planned my lunches for next week so I am hoping it will improve.

I would like to lose 3 or 4 dress sizes (rather than a target weight) just to get back into clothes I used to wear. But I'd be happy to lose enough for people to notice!

Good luck
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and well done on your loss so far! I'm also in Wales, on the South coast.
  • caitlinsmum
    caitlinsmum Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi Carina and Claire

I joined last Sunday. I've not had a brilliant week but this week I've planned my lunches for next week so I am hoping it will improve.

I would like to lose 3 or 4 dress sizes (rather than a target weight) just to get back into clothes I used to wear. But I'd be happy to lose enough for people to notice!

Good luck

What a small world - I'm from Broadstairs !!!
  • slimmerchick
    slimmerchick Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hi UK peeps,

I lurked on here for a few days and introduced myself yesterday. I am from Wiltshire. I joined weight watchers in July at 11st 7lb - I am 5ft 4. I lost 30 lbs in 19 weeks!! It was great but now I need to keep the weight off. I think the weight watchers points and calorie counting is similar, you just need to know how much your allowance is. This is one of the great things about this site - it makes sure you don't have too few, and it calculates the exercise into it. Weight watchers did that too but you have to pay for the privilege! It has taught me some good habits though which I hope to stick to!

Hope to catch up with you again all along the way and good luck x
  • poorcopies
    poorcopies Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am also from the UK (Leicester) and I joined yesterday, I was using a different tracker site but this one has an easier interface to us.

I have lost 8lbs so far this year and am looking to lose about 70 lbs.
  • ixannaq
    Options
    [/quote]
  • ixannaq
    Options
    Wow, hello neighbour.

Whoops I seemed to have posted the quote without an answer! :blushing:
  • danabecks
    Options
    Hi im Dana im from somerset, i am 35 years old and joined this site yesturday (24th ) what a great site, wish i would of found this ages ago, i go to an aerobics class once a week just started to go twice a week now, i could not calorie count to save my life but this makes it so much easier. I am a maid of honour in may, im a size 16 now would like to get to a 12 or 14 by then so i feel more confident in the dress. Hopefully with all your help and encouragement i will do it. Take care xxx
  • SJT75
    SJT75 Posts: 134
    Options
    Hi All, I'm Sam and i'm 35 and live in North Yorkshire. (sounds like the start of blind Date! lol) i have 3 stone to lose and have managed 6lb so far in Jan. Good Luck to everyone whatever your goals, i love this site and the great motivation and inspiration you get from everyone, I hope it helps me get to a healthy weight.... i hate the word obese!
  • woody2784
    Options
    hi , Im lisa im also from UK , only downloaded this app to my Iphone last week and already lost 3lb in first week!! im so proud of myself , altogether with healthy eating ive lost 2st im now 185.2 kg still got a long way to go, look forward to hearing any tips or advise from people :smile:
  • bubblybabeuk
    bubblybabeuk Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 'Mandy from Hampshire on the south coast. I am loving this site too, I have been here since then end of last month and all though I have not lost any weight I have lost inches. I am down to my last few pounds and started excerising a lot so still trying to juggle eating my exercise calories back and getting it right!!

Good luck, feel free to add me as a friend if you would like

xx
  • portion
    Options
    :happy: hey there!! I've also joined last tuesday and for my first week I've lost 3.8 lbs!! I want to congratulate y'all for all the weight you've lost !! I hope to get to know more of you people! :)
  • carolinegeorgia
    Options
    Hi, I'm from London, been using this site for 3 weeks and lost 8lbs, don't have tons to lose but still have to stick with it, good luck ;-)
  • James_H
    James_H Posts: 48
    Options
    Hi Carina and Claire

I'm from Ramsgate too! But now living in London...
  • han182
    han182 Posts: 82
    Options
    Hi Dana!

I'm from Somerset too :) (although I live in Eastbourne now for uni) Welcome to MFP!

xx