Just bought a treadmill!

Options
So excited.. finally decided to buy a treadmill after hemming and hawing about it forever. Can't wait for it to come..but it won't be for another 2 weeks.

I have no problem walking on the treadmill and plan to entertain myself with my iPod, TV, etc.

Anyone have any more fun ideas for while they're walking on the treadmill?

Replies

• idivadi
    idivadi Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I watch TV series that I have missed over the years. I only allow myself to watch whatever series I choose while I am on the treadmill-- If I want to see whats happening -- I have to be walking.
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Ohh.. that's a great idea!
    I watch Biggest Loser and thought that would be fun to watch and walk and help me kick my workout up a notch.
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    I listen to audio books. I didn't think that would be as good as music but it is.
  • 60HzShuffle
    Options
    I saw an article in runner's world for a company selling dvd's of trails and other running courses that you can play while you are on the treadmill. Has sound too, so you could be running in Hawaii, etc. I think pairing that with a big tv and surround sound would be the ultimate home set-up :)

It has given me a new idea for the man cave!
  • jessieinblue
    jessieinblue Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I watch TV series that I have missed over the years. I only allow myself to watch whatever series I choose while I am on the treadmill-- If I want to see whats happening -- I have to be walking.

This is an EXCELLENT idea. I watch television series on DVD while I work out on my elliptical machine. I'm all about self-discipline, and this will mean my episodes last me longer. Can't believe I didn't think of it! Thank you!
  • NuclearGirl
    Options
    Always music for me - I find I walk in time to the beat of the music - so starts off with fairly gentle stuff - Ian Dury's "Hit me with your rhythm stick" at around 4.5kph working up to the somewhat vigorous sounds of Linkin' Park and the Foo Fighters at around 6kph. I use a gradient of between 6 to 10%. The only problem I have is stopping myself singing along - no good in a communal gym!! :tongue: