Great Exercise Calculator

Options
My girlfriend discovered a great site for calculating calories burned during strength training. Check out Fitclick.com. It actually calculates calories burned by your workload, not just by how many minutes you spend training. For example, if you are doing a tough lower body workout using heavy weights on exercises like squats, deadlifts and leg presses, you will burn a lot more calories than doing abdominal exercises. I find their numbers to be more realistic than MFP's, where an hour of weight training burns a lousy 50 more calories an hour than housecleaning(light effort). There is a rather extensive list of exercises, with full tutorials. It is set up something like MFP, where you can log your food and exercise, make friends, give advice, etc. I just use it for the exercise calorie counter myself, because I like the way that MFP has their food log setup. There are also tons of informative articles on diets, weight loss, exercise and nutrition available to read. Check it out!

http://www.fitclick.com/calories_burned

Replies

• lucyannann
    lucyannann Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    thank for the tip.
  • jAdorelife
    Options
    great wedsite!! thanks!
  • SKismet
    SKismet Posts: 137
    Options
    Nice find! Not counting calories for strength training exercises is one thing I did find a bit odd about the exercise calculator here.
  • skinnyb450
    Options
    WOW - Great site - Thanks for sharing :):flowerforyou:
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Thanx. Never could understand how to track exercises with this site.
  • Teresa652
    Teresa652 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    :sad: and everytime I post this site no one ever says anything else to me after that.
  • carl1738
    carl1738 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    :sad: and everytime I post this site no one ever says anything else to me after that.

My heart bleeds for you, my dear! :laugh:
  • Teresa652
    Teresa652 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I'm sure it does