I need some advice

Options
Im allergic to any and all types of nuts I developed that allergy when I was pregnant with my 8 month old. Is there another thing I can add to trail mixes, etc to get that protien, healthy fats that nuts provide. I use to eat them for an afternoon snack to get me that extra energy to make it through the afternoon. thanks for any and all advice.

Replies

• mmargraf
    Options
    Try some roasted soy beans. They are crunchy, add protien and are not in the nut category. Check with your doctor to make sure that they are okay to use. Good luck!
  • noiinteam
    noiinteam Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    my son is allergic to tree nuts and peanuts.... so the whole family is nut free (so to speak) lol. anyway.... wheat nuts are awesome. they taste like mixture of walnut/pecan. i can't find them everywhere... in indiana my meijer carries them in nut/popcorn isle but walmart doesn't. try them... you will like them ;)
  • spennato
    spennato Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Soy may not be in the nut category but you may be allergic to legumes which are found in both nuts and soybeans.
  • mmargraf
    Options
    This is why I would recommend anyone with allergies to check with their doctor first. Many Whole Food stores and specialty stores carry roasted peas, chick peas and even dried zucchini, and sweet potato slices which give that crunch value.