Hello Everyone

kjohnson754
kjohnson754 Posts: 54 Member
edited September 23 in Introduce Yourself
My name is Kendra. I am 31. I am a single mom. I work full time and go to school full time. I am 6' tall, 196 lbs and looking to lose some weight and tone up. I've been gaining weight for no reason for the past few months. I went to my doc and she told me to count calories. We are also weighting on a thyroid test to come back because I think something might be wrong. I would like to go down to 175 but everyone says that I look fine. I, however, am doing this for myself. I currently weigh more than I did when I was pregnant five years ago. Well, that's about all I have right now. Nice to meet you all.

Replies

• lfondots
    lfondots Posts: 216 Member
    First good luck with your tests! I hope everything is ok. Counting calories will probably help because sometimes it is amazing how much we really eat. Some things that seem so 'healthy' are really loaded in calories. Just check out some foods on menus of restaurants you may go to. Or the back of things you pick up at the store. I've now started watching my sodium since I have high blood pressure and also sugar content which I continually watch. Did you know that Milk has sodium and sugar?? Who knew. Ugh. Eating healthy is tough but can be done. Stay positive!
  • Yes most def good luck on your test. Also your losing weight for all the right reasons because YOU want to! Do make makes you happy. This site is very helpful in counting calories I can find pretty much all foods on here and not only that the friends I have on here are so helpful and help motivate me on those days I just feel like giving up.
  • Welcome Kendra.

I trust you'll find this site as helpful and informative as many of us have. Good luck with your tests.

Nice to have you here.

:happy:
This discussion has been closed.