P90X... Why so much hate?

Options
13»

Replies

• LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    I dont hate it I just rather go workout at the gym myself. Been working with personal trainer since November and I just like the outcomes I have had so far. once I am done I am going to do spin class twice week plus some weights from what I learned from my trainer to keep up where I am.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Have you ever seen the movie WallE? Might want to consider watching it. I believe that our society is headed in a direction similar to that movie.

When I first saw Wall-E we were on a Disney cruise. We were using the ship's gym and walking up and down each flight of stairs. After watching that movie I realized how much our society is fine with us grazing all day and getting fat as cows. Even the entrance standards for our military is getting less stringent, our kids are too fat to even enter the military now. just like the characters in Wall-E we are allowing our muscles to atrophy and we are walking around like veal.
  • bpanter
    bpanter Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Shawn T... Insanity... 100% All the Way.

I did P90x, and yes, I saw results - but it doesn't even compare to the workout and sweat you get from Insanity. Since doing that program, I have lost 30+ total pounds, am able to run a 10k, which i've never done before, in under 1hr, and can religiously do a 5k in under 27 mins. Although it takes dedication, I agree with @YassFitness that hard work and dedication pays huge dividends. No one can go pick up a copy of 7min Abs and expect to get results in 60-90 days - regardless of what the infomerical says. BeachBody puts out quality products, and they have different options for everyone to succeed. Although I started this post saying "Insanity All the Way," whether you choose that or P90x - you're sure to find a winner if you have the will power. I'm living proof, and I'm proud to say that (those) products gave me the ambition to get where I'm at today.
  • bri495
    bri495 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I haven't experienced with anyone who does not like the P90X program, perhaps they are wondering if it really works or not Well to be honest, if you do what you are told on following the books and Dvds, you will see results. I never had any of the P90X books, however, I do have Dvds and in the first phase I had lost 20 lbs from it. Trust me, this program really works. I just recently gotten the full collection and also the books so I am studying the books to see how well it would help me become better fit and toner.
  • dreamangel18105
    dreamangel18105 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    What makes me uncomfortable is that it SEEMS like everyone who does a BB program then becomes an "Independent BeachBody Coach" and starts selling. Kinda reminds me of Amway. Anyone who completes a BB program has way outworked me and props to you. However, that doesn't mean that I want you to be my coach or sell me Shakeology or anything like that.

I hear what you're saying. And I genuinely apologize if there are push coaches out there who are missing "the point" of coaching and trying to push a sale on you! Those who become coaches do so because they honestly LOVED the products. If they didn't have a true passion for the product and have their own success, they couldn't be successful. They should never be TRYING to sell anything to anyone, really. Coaching is about sharing success, motivation and support, not sales. Is it a business that you can make money in? Yes. Is that what it's about? No. We put our services out there for those that want them. If someone doesn't, that's okay too! I'm a coach, and I hardly make any sales. I do it because I went from over 200lbs to 140lbs using Beachbody and only Beachbody products and I want to share the success I've had with others. :)
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    I for one hate P90X! It makes me grunt, sweat, fart, cuss, pop joints, get rug burns, muscle soreness and a runny nose. My kids laugh at me and my wife watches to make sure I'm not going to keel over. But everyday I look in the mirror and see a bit more weight loss and know the results are comming, I go back for more, push play and do it all over again. I hated basic training too when I was in the military, but was never in better shape. I'm being a little facetious here... its hard core for hard core people and not for the un-committed or faint of heart.
  • TK421NotAtPost
    TK421NotAtPost Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I am curious: where you are finding this rampaging tide of "hatred" against P90x? I spend a lot of time of these forums and I would say the ratio of love:hate for P90x is about 10:1, maybe 50:1.

I suspect you are referring to the one forum topic in which the OP explicitly attacked P90x. To the best of my knowledge, in the almost 2 yrs I have been on this site, that is the first anti-P90x topic I have ever seen posted--compared to the multiple daily positive ones. And even in that thread, which is up to almost 200 replies last I looked, it seemed like there were less than 5 people that actually agreed with the OP.

So my response is: why do P90x fans feel compelled to launch an all-out (and continuing, based on this topic) attack on anyone who dares cast a discouraging word in their direction?

Indeed: why so much hate?

Even more disappointing is the recurring attitude I see written expressing the idea that those who criticize P90x in any way are "unwilling to do the work it takes to achieve their goals", "whiners" (that's in the post I am seeing in front of me as I type this), and other condescending characterizations.

I mean, seriously. All this for that?

I agree. Compared to most other fitness sites, this place is a love-fest for exercise DVD's along the likes of P90X, turbo-this, or whatever other exercise DVD's are out there.

Some of these other people from other fitness sites do have legitimate complaints about P90X, but I believe that is due to their goals being different from what P90X can provide them (and it's not because P90X is 'too-tough').