A recognizable achievement for me.

Options
I noticed lately that my calves were getting smaller and more toned (due to avoiding the elevator I presume) and thought I'd get out a tape measure. I was shocked! The measurement is down to 19" which is a little over an inch down since September 2010 and 2 whole inches since beginning last February.

I've been somewhat discouraged because since I stopped with the trainer my results have not been nearly what I would have liked. But I also have to remember that in the past 5 months since stopping with the trainer, I've moved, gone through a break-up of a long term relationship, mourned the death of my beloved orange cat, and even though I know they'll be there every year, there were the holidays.

I decided to take all my measurements then today and overall they were down (although arms stayed the same) so even though I've only dropped 5lbs or so overall since September I shouldn't be upset with how much progress I haven't made and focus on the progress that I have made. That is what is important.

And not just the measureable numbers of weight and inches, but I also need to recognize that I've gotten through a rough period of my life and yet my goals didn't get pushed to the side. I did get steered off course momentarily but in the big picture I'm still on the right path.

It is approaching the time last year when I began my weight loss journey and it feels good to still be on it a year later.

Replies

• wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Yea! Good job! And you're doing awesome...so I'm sure more is still to come!
  • bassetthree
    bassetthree Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hooray! Keep it going. Push through your challenges and life hurdles. You are doing great. Thank you for sharing your story.
  • kyliedurnan
    kyliedurnan Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    congratss!
  • Xandi
    Xandi Posts: 319
    Options
    Awesome!!!
    Congratulations on your losses ( weight wise).
    Life... is going to happen and standing up to it is what you are doing, knowing you will continue even under the pressures of life is amazing. we tend to forget it is a lifetime of eating and lack of exercise that makes us heavy, and we can't change in an instant.
    Keep working on it...
  • KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    You are doing such a great job Diane. I am so proud of the changes that you have made to make you and your life a healthier one. You are an inspiration to all of us. :heart:
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    Diane, you know you are my hero!!!! :love: :flowerforyou: :smooched:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    I am so proud of you. You have endured a lot over the last 8 or so months. I know it was not easy but you have and will survive it. I was thinking about you today and wondering how you were doing since your break up. But I see you are doing OK. It will get better with time.

Good job on staying focused on your overall goal for better health. That is what the reality is, we have to focus on our new lifestyle despite what LIFE may throw our way. Keep up the good work!:flowerforyou:
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys so much! ♥
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!