Any Concept 2 rowers out there?

keta6atl
keta6atl Posts: 45
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Was wondering how many rowers are out there and what your results have been? I am currently following a rowing plan called
"pete's plan". I have found rowing a GREAT way to exercise in a short amount of time! Would love to hear from fellow rowers!
Rob

Replies

• daryls
    daryls Posts: 260
    I was on the crew team for four years in high school (however, I was the coxswain). Rowing machines are a great full body workout. I remember our coach always watching our backs, as many people hunched over. Try adding in sprints (power 20 is what we called them).
  • Hey daryls...thx for commenting!...in the pete plan there are intervals thrown in each week....love them....maybe I will get off my butt today and do some sprints.....the program I am doing is 5 days a week....so...what the heck...why not throw in an extra day today and do some sprints?...I fight keeping my back straight...and not hunching....try to keep my abs tight....
  • daryls
    daryls Posts: 260
    Good luck! It's a great workout. If you get the chance to try rowing/crew - it's fantastic. There are lots of rowing clubs out there that will let you sit in. There's nothing like sitting right on top of the water and propelling quickly and seamlessly.
  • Thanks!......already looking at boats...etc....:O)....go figure right??....boats are EXPENSIVE!...we have a club right on the chattahoochee river here in atlanta .....I can see a NEW addiction forming!
This discussion has been closed.