Hello! New to forum from Indianapolis, IN :)

Options
Hello! My name is Mia and I am brand spankin' new to MFP. I have been reading success stories for a couple days and everyone here is so inspiring! I know one day I will be posting MY OWN success story, as well.

I have a very positive outlook on life, and I feel very confident that I will reach my goals. I have over 100lbs to lose, I know it will take a long time, and it will hurt and be one of the hardest things I have ever done - but this time I AM READY. Would love to have some friends on here so we can support and motivate each other! Add me :wink:

I plan on starting my blog soon, would love to have some readers!!!

Replies

• SevenisHeaven
    SevenisHeaven Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    The first step is gathering support! You have that checked off now comes the making a plan.

What time of workouts are you planning, what equipment do you have? What diet are you thinking of, a formal diet or just reducing and watching calories?

Welcome, although I haven't been here long I have already jumped my first bad day hurdle thanks to MFP. This is a GREAT group of people!
  • BrandNewMia
    Options
    Hello Sevenisheaven :)

The diet I am focusing on is to eat mainly fresh fruits and veggies, lean meats and staying within the calorie target set by MFP. I'm not neccessarily restricting carbs but making sure the bulk of my nutrition is coming from non-processed foods.

As far as fitness - next weekend my family is joining the YMCA. My husband only has 10-20 pounds to lose (ain't he lucky?) but we all plan on working out. My goal will be 60mins of exercise, 6-7 days a week. It will be hard, but I absolutely HAVE to do it.

:heart:
  • bassetthree
    bassetthree Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I wish you much success. I will be on the MFP plan for one week as of tomorrow. Hope you meet your goals! Go for it!
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm from Central Indiana, too! This is an awesome site - best wishes to you in your weight loss!
  • IndyRick
    IndyRick Posts: 172
    Options
    Hello from the north side of Indy! Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like. We're glad you're on board!
  • Creiche
    Creiche Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Welcome from a former Indianapolis resident! Best of luck on your journey!!
  • BrandNewMia
    Options
    I've been on the forums for less than a day and I already feel like I have so many friends and an incredible support network!!!