MFP calculations does not allow me to lose >1 lbs/week, how

Options
MFP does not allow me to lose more than 1 lbs/week. This is what MFP calculated.

From Normal Daily Activity - 1590 calories/day
Daily Calorie Deficit - 390 calories
Projected Weight Loss - 0.8 lbs/week

If I minus 500 calories from 1590 I will be eating only 1090 calories a day and I learned from reading many the posts here to not go below 1200. If you guys can cut 500 calories from your diet, I should be able to since my calories required "From Normal Daily Activity" is low to begin with? Even with exercise, MFP still gave the same calculations, not more than 0.8 lbs/week.

So how do petite gals lose more than 1 lbs/week? ...

Replies

• Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Exercise, but of course there is the whole "eating your exercise calories back"

But, when you don't have much to lose, it takes longer to lose it....b/c its not healthy to try and lose too much at once.
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Will it not let you change it under MY HOME, GOALS, CHANGE GOALS, CUSTOM? I thought you could tell it what you wanted to do (lose, maintain, etc) and also change your daily nutrient and calorie goals if you want.
  • DoralisM
    Options
    Sorry i just read it and u said MORE than 1lb per week... I dont know how to set it. Good luck!
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    1200 is a general limit for most people. However, if you are very petite, 1200 is not a hard and fast rule. You MAY be able to go under 1200 and do ok. But petite people, or people who are fairly lean to begin with, have MUCH less room to play with calories than someone who is larger or more obese. 100 cals for someone who is 6' and 300 lbs mean a lot less than someone who is 5' and weighs 120. The fewer cals you work with on a daily basis, the more each of those cals means.

However, as a very petite person, with relatively little to lose - you should NOT be trying to lose more than 1 lb/week. It's a simple fact that as a petite person, you don't have the same body mass as someone who is taller, and you therefore have less to lose and cannot do it in a healthy way that quickly.

Here is a good thread on how MFP works:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61706-guide-to-calorie-deficits