hula hooping??????????????

oregonlady
oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
i believe i would like to try hula hooping.:smile:
have u done it much?:wink:
:huh: i hear there r different kinds of hoops. weighted. collaspable. ribbed. more?:huh:
:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: please share any tips or comments about this.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• mountainwoman98
    mountainwoman98 Posts: 182 Member
    I recently became interested in this too and found out that you can burn up to 1000 calories an hour if you do it right! The new hula hoops stay on better when you gyrate your hips and yeah...they have alot of variations.
  • sanura
    sanura Posts: 459 Member
    love hooping! I tried watching some youtube videos, and have taken a few classes. I have 2 hoops made from plumbing hose and a conector super cheap and easy, but a friend ordered one from the shopping channel, it's great too.

there are also fire hoops and glow hoops, check them out on youtube!
  • anewattitude
    anewattitude Posts: 483 Member
    Hula hooping is great!! I have a regular hoop and a weighted one too. Try it! It's lots of fun and a great way to help get in shape
  • nwhitley
    nwhitley Posts: 619
    I started using a weighted hola hoop at my gym during the summer. It's fun and helps increase your balance, flexibility in your spine, and strengthens your waist. You'll find that your body is probably unbalanced. You will be able to hola easily going one way, but when you switch and hola the opposite way you won't be able to do it as long. It will be much harder. However, if you keep working on it you will get better. I also use the smaller ones and twirl them around my arms at the same time. This is a great workout to strengthen your arms and shoulders!
  • jodieunited
    jodieunited Posts: 112 Member
    i went to hula class at my gym, it was really fun!
    weighted hoops that clip together so if you own 1 u could easily take it wherever haha......
    goin again monday!
    its fun :D
This discussion has been closed.