Water

kanakike8
kanakike8 Posts: 52 Member
edited September 23 in Food and Nutrition
Hey all!
I have a question about water intake. Do we just count actual plain water? Or can we count things like crystal light or slim-quick drinks as "water"? Any thoughts/comments/suggestions?

Thanks!

Replies

• ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    There are lots of opinons on this. Typically I count uncaffeinated tea or coffee, crystal light (though I don't drink that), or water. But anything with ANY calories, I also add to my cal count, so I keep track of everything.
  • I count "mixed" water as part of my water intake. I also list the powder in my daily food diary because most of them are 10 calories per packet. Another good flavor to add to water is lemon juice - and it has no calories! Good luck on your diet!
  • I LOVE crystal light...but have switched over to water because I am not a fan of ingesting aspartame....slimquick has caffeine listed as an ingredient....this of course would have a diuretic component to it.....so I personally wouldn't count slimquick as water.....crystal light I personally would count as water...but with added chemicals...;O)
This discussion has been closed.