Valentine's Day

kimmiebear70
kimmiebear70 Posts: 384 Member
edited September 23 in Chit-Chat
I know it's still about 3 weeks away, but I'm trying to come up with ideas now. Since my husband and I are losing weight (notice I did NOT say dieting), we really don't want to get each other candy for Valentine's day. We also don't want to buy clothes because we still have a long way to go. Don't want to waste money on clothes that are gonna be too big a month later.

We're thinking of going on an overnight trip.

What does you have planned? Any suggestions on what we could get each other?

Replies

• JacquieHove
    JacquieHove Posts: 7 Member
    I made my husband a coupon booklet. It was free! I made coupons such as a 10 minute massage, a facial, foot rub, etc... I also stuck a few "naughty ones" in there. :) And believe me!....He cashed in a LOT of those coupons!
  • PoshTaush
    PoshTaush Posts: 1,247
    I love the "coupon" idea! I've done that for my husband before as well. They really like it. Get some cute paper and markers. Make it all cutesy. Tie it with a ribbon... punch 2 holes with a paper hole punch..thread the ribbon through... and "TaDa!!!"

Oh.. a new matching bra and panty set for yourself is also a gift for him! lol.. Don't want to get vulgar, but he will take notice.

What are his hobbies? --- Maybe a gift card for a round of golf? (and a promise you won't complain when he's gone all day! )

Just a thought.
  • kimmiebear70
    I made my husband a coupon booklet. It was free! I made coupons such as a 10 minute massage, a facial, foot rub, etc... I also stuck a few "naughty ones" in there. :) And believe me!....He cashed in a LOT of those coupons!

I didn't even think of coupons. Those are fun. I did it a few years ago (before kids lol).
  • kimmiebear70
    I love the "coupon" idea! I've done that for my husband before as well. They really like it. Get some cute paper and markers. Make it all cutesy. Tie it with a ribbon... punch 2 holes with a paper hole punch..thread the ribbon through... and "TaDa!!!"

Oh.. a new matching bra and panty set for yourself is also a gift for him! lol.. Don't want to get vulgar, but he will take notice.

What are his hobbies? --- Maybe a gift card for a round of golf? (and a promise you won't complain when he's gone all day! )

Just a thought.

Great ideas. We have a Bass Pro Shop in Tulsa. He would like a gift card to there.
  • How about a couple's massage?!?!?!?! Can't go wrong with that :D
  • Depends on how much $ you want to spend. One time, I got home before my wife, layed out an outfit for her, and directions to a restaurant that we hadn't ate at before (so she didn't know exactally where she was headed). I knew about the time she would get home so I got to the restaurant a little before her and when she walked in, I already had us a table and a card for her that I made.
  • foreverfl
    foreverfl Posts: 12 Member
    You could do a healthy candlelit dinner at home. That way you know how many calories are in your dishes. Then he could cash in his coupons.
  • WrenLynn
    WrenLynn Posts: 213
    The Marriage Resource Center has an annual Sweetheart Dinner/Dance and we have never gone so I bought tickets and we are going this year. Nice to get all dressed up and go to a fancy hotel and dance the evening away with the love of your life and all for only $44 total. Can't beat that!
  • PoshTaush
    PoshTaush Posts: 1,247
    Depends on how much $ you want to spend. One time, I got home before my wife, layed out an outfit for her, and directions to a restaurant that we hadn't ate at before (so she didn't know exactally where she was headed). I knew about the time she would get home so I got to the restaurant a little before her and when she walked in, I already had us a table and a card for her that I made.

woah.. major brownie points!
  • ab_shutterbug
    ab_shutterbug Posts: 203 Member
    I like the coupon idea and massages. Other ideas may include a romantic movie (either in or out), a good book (maybe his favorite author), and/or dinner at a healthy-type restaurant (e.g., sushi). My husband and I have been going out for jazz or other music lately - no calories except the mandatory drink. If you have willpower to order a sparkling water or one glass of wine, it's okay! :):heart:
  • fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    I like the overnight trip idea! My husband planned a whole weekend trip for Valentine's Day a couple years ago, took me out to dinner at the hotel's restaurant, and proposed. It was all very romantic and sweet.
  • NYIceQueen
    NYIceQueen Posts: 1,423
    The overnight trip sounds like it could be fun.

What do I know, though....I try to avoid Valentine's Day like the plague. :laugh:
  • I made my husband a coupon booklet. It was free! I made coupons such as a 10 minute massage, a facial, foot rub, etc... I also stuck a few "naughty ones" in there. :) And believe me!....He cashed in a LOT of those coupons!

I think i'm gonna do this one!

One thing I did for my husband a while back was find out something he wanted from his childhood (In his case a Nintendo Entertainment System/NES) and gave him that :) He was the happiest i'd ever seen him!
This discussion has been closed.