How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
I see alot of people talking about weighing. So I was wondering how often you weigh yourself? I personally weigh myself 1 time a week. I weight myself on Saturday mornings right after I get up & go to the restroom. I feel that if I weigh myself more then it will discourage me even though I KNOW that weight can fluctuate. I like to see the numbers on the scale go down & this way I see it go down more. Sometimes it is hard not to step on the scale before Saturday, I always manage to make it without stepping on it.

Also what kind of scale are you using? I have a digital scale. I think it is Sunbeam brand. Nothing fancy, just something that I d not have to worry about trying to read the dial on & decide what numbers it is on.

Replies

• Mkserpa
    Mkserpa Posts: 136
    Options
    I weigh myself practically every day, sometimes more than that. I like to see how what I do effects my weight. After I exercise I'm always heavier. If I ate my meals right I shouldn't weigh any more in the evening than I did that morning. I usually record the lowest weight of the week :P Although that usually happens a week after I previously recorded anyways. I use a digital scale that tells me my BMI, hydration level, bone mass, etc. It even tells me when it's normal, high, or low. That scale is what got me into dieting in the first place - the second I weighed myself and it said "high" for my BMI, that was it! I just love seeing the number go down, even by .2lbs, every single day. Some days I can lose pounds at a time, must be water weight. It's pretty neat to see actually.
  • rrboruff
    Options
    I too get discouraged if I don't see my weight lower. I only weigh myself the first of every month. Don't know if this is the best way to do it, but its what works for me. That way I will be sure to see some kind of progress and I don't get too obsessed or discouraged. To weigh myself I use my Wii Fit Plus.
  • 623Hernandez
    Options
    I try once a week. but lately everyday... boo!
  • caysea
    caysea Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself 1-2 times per week. I try to keep it to 1 but sometimes I need a midway either reality check or excitement. I always weigh on Wed morning...after Biggest Loser night....but today I weighed to give me added incentive for the weekend.

I have the Taylor Biggest Loser scale that is digital.

Good Luck!
  • caroline1851
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday in the morning as soon as I wake up. THis keeps me motivated.
  • carl1738
    carl1738 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Every two or three weeks. I don't worry too much about my weight. I use a mirror and body measurements to guage my progress.
  • Nataliethin81
    Options
    Everyday, sometimes several times a day. :( I'm addicted! I wish I had the control to not weigh myself for a week!
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Almost daily.

I have a Taylor scale.
  • danalin26
    danalin26 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday because I like to see how what I eat affects my weight. It's not discouraging to me because I know that my weight won't go down every single day.
  • moniqueluv
    moniqueluv Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh 1-3 times a week even though it makes me neurotic. I only record my weight on Monday mornings though. I use a Taylor digital scale that tells you bone mass, body fat, etc.
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I've been weighing every month...but after as I get close to to my goal Im gonna do it every 2 weeks....I like seeing whole numbers :) I use a digital scale my hubby got me from cvs it was $10, very accurate, I weighted my hand weights and its on point!
  • donbogi
    donbogi Posts: 175
    Options
    Every Friday morning after I wake up and I log into MFP no matter what!

Cheers!
    Don
  • jtorrez1
    Options
    once a week!
  • helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    every 1 to 2 weeks, but if I feel like I need to know I'll do it daily....so it kinda changes.
  • kendf60
    kendf60 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I weigh every Monday morning. Weekends are my most challeging food time so, knowing I'm going to weigh in Monday morning gives me some extra motivation to eat healthy through the weekend. I use a digital scale.
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning, after having had a wee but before eating.
  • aeragusa
    aeragusa Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I don't even own a scale, and I like it that way. If I want to weigh myself, I'll have to go out of my way to do it. I'd rather measure inches, anyway.
  • katzplay62
    Options
    At least once a week, sometimes more. Not addicted to the scale but always curious...
  • cocolr
    cocolr Posts: 1
    Options
    I honestly have never weighed myself other than at the doctors office. I learned that I'm trying to change my lifestyle, not just lose weight. When I lost 120lbs years back, I reached the "weight" I wanted but when I reached it I lost my drive. I use this site to keep track of my lifestyle goal 1) of eating healthy and 2) controlling what I eat. Never as a way to track my loss of weight. That will happen if I take care of those two things first. I learned that lesson the first time. Do not make it about the immediate gratification of losing a number. Typically nothing good comes out of getting on it and the scale not reading the number you think it should read. You can control the calories and the food you eat much better than what the number on the scale says. I ran 6 miles yesterday. I'm pretty sure I'm not 335lb anymore.
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I step on it every morning but I only record on Thurs. That's my official weigh in day.

Whe I started I only stepped on it once a week but I like to step every morning now.

I have an old style scale. I tried a digital and didn't like it lol!