Help PLEASE

Options
So, I posted in the wrong spot, so here it is again. I have been so consumed by watching my calories, trying my best to stay within limits. BUT, I still didn't want to feel like I am "on a diet". Trying to make it fit to what I like to eat and not having to think about it so much so maybe I could adjust. Well, eating the same things, staying within calorie limits, I have lost a big 4-6 pounds (depending on the day) in almost 3 months. I am really frustrated. I do need help, I am not a big salad fan, I love veggies, but I also love creamy gooey desserts and chocolate - limited, but still. Does anyone have any advise or a 4 x 4 that I can knock myself in the head with? (kidding on the last-I already have a headache)

Replies

• twin2
    twin2 Posts: 404
    Options
    So, I posted in the wrong spot, so here it is again. I have been so consumed by watching my calories, trying my best to stay within limits. BUT, I still didn't want to feel like I am "on a diet". Trying to make it fit to what I like to eat and not having to think about it so much so maybe I could adjust. Well, eating the same things, staying within calorie limits, I have lost a big 4-6 pounds (depending on the day) in almost 3 months. I am really frustrated. I do need help, I am not a big salad fan, I love veggies, but I also love creamy gooey desserts and chocolate - limited, but still. Does anyone have any advise or a 4 x 4 that I can knock myself in the head with? (kidding on the last-I already have a headache)
  • Liani
    Liani Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    hi :smile: me too i love veggies....
    avoid the choclote desserts..You should eat that when u know u deserve it
    like when u lose 5 pounds and have a lil celebration lol
    Also same here am doing the cabbage soup diet
    but i dont feel am on the diet...
    last weeek i lost 4 pounds by eating cabbes soup and a small portion of
    normal food no grease or fats allow....and i excersise light...
    i was surprise...The cabbage soup
    you could put any veggie u like
    and to give it a good taste put ginger(cut it in medium pieces)
    and salt....if u are bored of it put hot sause(tapatio)and lemon its tasty good:smile:
    yeah it sounds yucky but its not:laugh:
  • darlenebull
    Options
    Unfortunately, making a lifestyle change takes time. Veggies is a great start, if not a vegatarian, add some turkey or chicken breast and its even better. Chocolate cravings are something I fight with daily, I found that I can eat some chocolate in moderation on a daily basis. I like the 3 Muskateers mint chocolates. Also the Hershey's Bliss dark chocolate, I don't eat the full "serving size" which is 6, I only eat 3 which is about 100 calories and not to bad on the carbs. It seems to "curb" the craving. I have 4 kids in the house so there are always snack foods around, but it's gotten easier not to give in. Stay as active as possible when a craving hits, sometimes just getting your mind on something else helps too. Just keep on trying, it will get a little easier the long you keep at it, and 4-6 pounds is a great start! Don't underestimate the weight you have lost, its working!!:happy:
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Have you read the posts from Banks? they are under Newbies read me 2nd edition... The only thing I have cut out is fried foods, I eat a lot of veggies with salad dressing, low cal puddings, fruit , lean meat and complex carbs. After exercising I still have a lot of calories for my dinner ....I'n my experience ,if you limit what you eat too much you will " fall off the wagon" sooner or later , or loose a lot and then you can't maintain it later on. THe best way is to loose it slowly and healthy ( then your body can also keep up with your skin)
  • maverickyanda
    maverickyanda Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Easy. You're addicted to the wrong kinds of foods.

Stop eating them.

Seriously. Just stop and re-introduce yourself later...otherwise you'll just end up bingeing. :P

Make a list of foods you really like, evaluate the nutrition content and then chart out a meal plan for a day. =)

If you must have chocolate, dry hot cocoa.
  • ClassELady
    Options
    :glasses:

Weight Watchers Smart One has chocolate eclairs - think they are 140 calories . You will have to allot your caloriesintake to accommendate a small eclair but you wouldn't be depriving yoursellf. You need to stop looking it as a diet - it a life change. Bet when you hear the word diet you are hungry. This is not a diet; it has to be a life change if you plan on losing your weight and keeping it off. If you have consumed all your allotted calories for the day & still crave for something to eat, go for walk - calculate the amount of calories you have burned & then you will be able to eat more calories - after you walk for an hour & see how little amount of caloires you burned, you probably won't want to eat anything!
  • twin2
    twin2 Posts: 404
    Options
    Thank you all so much for the info. I have tried weight watchers in the past (for years) I still count points in my head some times :tongue: . Yesterday was a little better day, until last night anyway. I decided to have movie night with the boys since their dad was gone fishing (again). Anyway, everyone have a great day!:flowerforyou:
    :heart:
    Rhonda