How much did YOU lose?

Options
Just wondering how much everyone lost in their first month? And, did the weight loss slow down aster the first month? I've been doing this for a little under a month and I'm down 15 and I'm wondering if I should expect the weightloss to show down? I lost 5 my first week and around 3 every week after.

Replies

• DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I started Oct 09 at 248, I hit 199 in April '10. Weight loss slowed dramatically after that, unfortunately, but I'm still pressing on. Doing what I can to lose FAT, not weight (there's a diff, to me at least)
  • Tasha1476
    Tasha1476 Posts: 220
    Options
    I can't honestly remember what I lost the first month.. I think it was like 12 or so. But I would say yes, definitely expect it to slow down.. This can be from water weight or simply from your body adjusting to the changes you have made.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    the first month is often a big one in terms of scale movement. It does slow down to a more reasonable and predictable rate after you stick to your goals for an extended period of time. it's a little different for everyone, but most people settle into their steady losses by month 2-ish
  • maryann430
    Options
    I read if you are eating right ( healthy food) you will lose fat, not just water weight. Keep up the great work!
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I went from 297 to 282.
  • katzplay62
    Options
    Good call Drborkbork! I'm pretty sure we all want to lose FAT, not just weight!

Thanks for pointing that out!

Cheers!

Kat

PS: What I lose is gonna be very different from most as I had RNY surgery. But I did manage to lose 16lbs pre-op on my surgeon's order. :)
  • Smiley55
    Smiley55 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes it will slow down from time to time and you will reach plateus every so often. The best advice I can give for that is to change your exercise routine. I did cardio twice a day for month then stopped losing. So I dropped to cardio once a day and started adding light weights. Then 2 months later added more resistance training, then a few months aftere that changed some of the cardio to race walking, then cahnged again to zumba. Alos besure to make sure you eat protein 3 times a day that will help you lose weight at a steady pace. At least this all worked for me. Good Luck and don't give up. Any weightloss even 1 lb is a success.
  • lock0134
    Options
    This is where measuring every month is a good idea on fitness pal. The scale is a horrible way to measure body fat. I take a measurement tape and do my bust, thighs, hips, and waist. Regardless what my scale says, if the inches are going down and I'm in a smaller pant size I know I'm losing fat. Muscle weighs just as much as fat. This is why people that have chiseled muscles have high BMI
  • LoveMy3Boys
    LoveMy3Boys Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I am not done with my first month but I have lost 9 pounds... and honestly of it was within the first week. :/ I have had a massive slow down. Which I expected but it can be discouraging. But, the 1st of February is my 1 month anni and I hope to lose at least 4 pounds by then.
  • TakeOne
    TakeOne Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I was down 8.5lbs in the first month (half of them in the first week). I think it will just depend on how much you have to lose and if you are also incorporating exercise. Good luck to you! : )
  • just2cusmile37
    Options
    Hi my. Name is shelly and I'm doing the HGC diet. I started the diet this past monday and I've lost. 7.6 lbs. I'm very happy with this diet and my weight loss. I have very bad back problems and have bone deteration in both of my ankles so I'm not able to exerciseexcept walk around a stor for a bit. But I'm still loosing. Yesterday I only lost .6 of a pound and lost 1 pound today without even exercising. Lost over 1 1/2 inches in my hips and waist. All u can do is just keep on u diet their are more days ahead.
  • sixpackgoal
    Options
    I lost about 4 pounds my first month. That was a few years ago with start weight of 268 and I am down about 90 pounds and have kept it off. I weigh about 180 pounds.
    Try to think in years not months.
    I also try to think in sizes. Started in 44 waist.
    Currently trying to get into 32 but now at 34.
    I am not so focused on weight but overall body composition.
    Wish you the very best in your endeavor.
    If you fall one day...get right back the next day like no one seen.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I lost 16 pounds my first month and it has slowed somewhat, but not all that much - I still average around 10 pounds per month or a little more.
    Each week is fairly consistent as well - here's a chart I made when I hit my 4 month mark.
    WeightChart-1-1.jpg
  • KaylatheChristian
    Options
    I haven't quite hit my 1 month mark yet..I have 2 more days til then but I've lost 23 lbs in the time since I joined.... :)
  • Twinsytoo
    Twinsytoo Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    WOW, you guys are incredible! Great weight losses and motivation! I'm so excited to start this journey and join your numbers. Just started, 5lbs in the first week.
  • schninie82
    schninie82 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I started January 1st 2011... lost 7 lb so far but it looks like its just gonna be a pound a week from now on... Good Luck!
  • Kalee34
    Kalee34 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I have been on here just a few days over 2 months and so far I have averaged 2 pounds per week! My first week was my biggest loss at 4 lbs. and I had 1 week when I didn't lose anything, but like I said I am averaging 2 lbs. per week. However, I do not expect that to keep up, very soon I will probably drop down to .5 to 1lb per week or less. Especially since I am so close to my goal weight.
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Lost 10lbs my first week.....5 lbs the remainder of that month....so 15 lbs for the month, then stood still for a month and dropped an additional 4 lbs.....I have been off my Low Carb diet and still have not gained it back....getting back to eating low carb and hoping to drop again :)
  • lulu_beans
    lulu_beans Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I dropped 10 pounds week 1, 2 pounds week 2, and 3 pounds week 3...Feb 1 is my one month marker, and I'm hoping to drop another 2-3 before then.

Your body will slow down to a healthy weight loss, as long as you continue to eat healthy. I was told by my doctor that the first week or two are normally a kick start, because you change your eating habits so quickly, and your body gets discombobulated.
  • LastFighter
    LastFighter Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I dropped almost 20 lbs in my first months I avg 1 - 1.5 lbs a week currently
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!