Why does my sweat smell like cookies?

Options
The weirdest freaking thing. I've cut refined sugar out almost completely, so... why do my workout clothes (and my body) smell like sugar cookies after I work out?

Replies

• anovasjo
    anovasjo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
  • alaskagrown
    alaskagrown Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Could be worse, right?
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Mmm you must be yummy! lol but seriously, it's probably your subconscious trying to trick you!
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I find that when I really bring it, my sweat smells like ammonia :( I'd rather smell sugar cookies, lol.
  • katzplay62
    Options
    Is it just your sweat or do other bodily secretions smell sweet, too? In particular, if your urine smells sweet, you could be spilling sugar and should see your doctor asap for some blood work.

Take care

Kat
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    I don't know. Are you taking any type of herbal supplements? I know that fenugreek makes you smell like maple syrup. Maybe other herbal supplements do to.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    that is an awesome problem.

unrelated in all ways except sweet smell: breast fed babies do not stink. their breath is sweet, their vomit is sweet, even their diapers are not stinky until their mothers start them on formula or foods of any other kind.
  • alaskagrown
    alaskagrown Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Is it just your sweat or do other bodily secretions smell sweet, too? In particular, if your urine smells sweet, you could be spilling sugar and should see your doctor asap for some blood work.

Take care

Kat

My urine is okay, but this is what I was worried about. I have definitely had the ammonia-smell, when I was running marathons! That was the weirdest thing, smelling like bathroom cleaner after a run.

Bodies are wacky!
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Another thing - are you eating more fruits lately?
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    You should be happy you smell like cookies! I smell like I've been cooking cabbage or something! :blushing:
  • samrockrocks
    samrockrocks Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    i'm not a doctor, but i would go see one if i were you. don't diabetics sweat a sweet smell?
  • YourFriendBecky
    Options
    That means you're an angel. : ) (What was that movie where John Travolta was an angel and he smelled like cookies?)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    If you sweat cookies, do you poop ice cream?! :wink:

You know that mobile sandwich shop outside of Lowes? That smells like fried onions. That's what I smell like after a hard workout. Bleah. Can't ever eat there because of it!

But it's a chicken vs the egg thing. I don't know if the onion smell grosses me out because it smells like BO, or if my BO grosses me out because it smells like onions.
  • sliceofsarah
    sliceofsarah Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    If your sweat has not always smelled like that, I think maybe it would be worth calling the doctor just to check. The nurse at your doctor's office could probably tell you over the phone if it is something to be concerned of. It is better to be safe than sorry I think when it comes to your health!