my sister talked me in to this!

Options
In my forties...just want to look good and feel good...no reason to get "wierd" about it!
But...I am a procrastinator, I just don't want to deal with it sometimes...
I guess that is why I KNOW I better just go ahead and start before I do have to deal with
a body a whole lot worse than it is now. Even if it is a little at a time.....it is still better than doing nothing!

Replies

• Akronite0883
    Options
    good luck on your journey and welcome
  • jwb201
    jwb201 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    This really works! You have to decide to do it for yourself however. Count those calories and move more daily, it has to work. I have had amazing results since starting the day after Christmas. You can do it too!!!
  • fitoverfifty
    fitoverfifty Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Good for her!!
    You'll learn a lot about what you are doing wrong once you start logging everything you eat.
    After that it will be fairly essy to "trim" 500 calories from your every day intake :-)

Good luck!!
  • fitoverfifty
    fitoverfifty Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    * easy*
  • Michellef67
    Michellef67 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    In a few weeks, you will be thanking your sister.
  • xinzya
    xinzya Posts: 15
    Options
    And your sister is really awesome for doing such a thing- Welcome :)
  • rtgilliam
    Options
    This site is amazing! I've never been one to count calories or track calories burned, but I stumbled across MFP & i LOVE it!
    I am on it constantly every day & every time I eat something I can't wait to add it to my food diary. Same way with my work outs, I'm always counting calories burned now so that I can enter them into my exercise diary. It's awesome to be able to actually see that you're calories burned are doing something, instead of just being a number on the treadmill. I've lost 5 lbs in 3 weeks and I'm so anxious to get back on the scale again (which I've NEVER been before).

Good luck! :)
    You'll love it!
  • obifatkanobi
    Options
    Sounds like a good sister, a real keeper... (chuckling). A little at a time is a great way to go, even when you suffer an occasional setback. It's about relearning, so gradual is the best way. I believe we all have our times when we don't want to deal with it, and I'm sure most of us slip a time or more. It's one of the reasons this site works so well, we can go at our own pace, we have support, and we are doing it for ourselves, so we set the pace. It works, there are plenty of success stories here.

Now, as for the last of your post, "Even if it is a little at a time.....it is still better than doing nothing!" You already know the way to succeed; a little at a time. If you are consistent, it works, but when you slack, it doesn't. I had reached forty pounds lost before Thanksgiving, but then just let things slide a bit and being a bit of a procrastinator myself, am just getting fully back into this. It wasn't desertion, I still came in, I logged off and on, but I didn't stick to the plan and now I have ten pounds more to lose. I could find a dozen excuses, but there is only one reason, I wasn't consistent. Even so, I know that ten will drop quickly, and having learned from my inconsistancy, I know I can do better.

Welcome to MFP, and may your journey be pleasant. If you are looking for more friends, you may add me. My wife and daughter are also here, and it's working great for all three of us.
  • tdrl
    tdrl Posts: 2
    Options
    Ya'll are so nice....Thanks!