HRM Help??

Jess0218
Jess0218 Posts: 138
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
After hearing tons about Polar HRMs, Im actively seeking one that I can wear around my chest and I dont have to do anything but put it on and it keeps track of my cals burned. Altho I see there are several different models and wondered what the heck? What one do I pick? Just want a simple chest strap and something that allows me to put in my height/age/sex/weight? Anyone know the 411 one these things, I'd greatly appreciate some help:smile:

Replies

• raising2ells
    raising2ells Posts: 47 Member
    Bump :)
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    I have the F7 and it tracks/displays the calories as you burn them, complete with chest strap and stylish display watch
  • JMun
    JMun Posts: 409
    I have a Polar F4

it tracks time, heart rate, average heart rate, max heart rate.
  • ejsmith7
    ejsmith7 Posts: 81 Member
    I have the FT7 & love it. You enter your stats and it gives you current HR, calories burned & duration of the workout. When you're done it gives you avg HR & peak HR. I got mine from walmart.com for $90ish(the cheapest I found it)
  • pandafoo
    pandafoo Posts: 367 Member
    I have the F4 and F11, and I like the F4 the most - simple to use. However, it's discontinued now and so I would recommend the FT4 or FT7. There are more basic models than these that you can find out about on the Polar website, but they do not allow you to change the battery yourself - you would need to mail it in, and Polar will charge you around $21. (I just got charged this for replacing the F11 battery.) Being able to change the battery yourself will be lots more convenient, and you won't be without your HRM for at least 2 weeks.
  • slieber
    slieber Posts: 765 Member
    I have the FT40 (replacement for the F11, I think...) and it's great. I like the way it calculates your "at rest" fitness level so that you can now see exactly where you stand with regard to the standard charts.

I had the F6 and loved it. I wanted the F11 (I think that's the one) but read somewhere that it had been discontinued. I could be mistaking the F7 for the F11 though. Either way, you can change the batteries in the strap unit and the watch yourself with the F7, F11 and FT40.
  • Jess0218
    Jess0218 Posts: 138
    Thanks so much everyone! Def have some good info on which to choose from now :) I appreciate your input :)
  • I have the Polar F6 model and I only wear it when I exercise. It comes with a chest strap that's comfortable. I've had it fall off a few times while doing Just Dance though! lol Good luck on your purchase! I think you'll be very satisfied!
  • slieber
    slieber Posts: 765 Member
    Azdak, just wanted to let you know that after reading your info, this week my HRM logged 3100 exercise calories, but I only "credited" 2400 of them. I lost two pounds! :-D
This discussion has been closed.