One day at a time -- weight loss that is!

Options
I really didn't want to workout last night. So I put it out there on facebook, but I got no support until this morning. I had to do a lot of self talk and affirmation to get up and get it in. I finally did it but I didn't put a lot of effort into it, but I made it through to the next day.

I woke this morning to find that my brother in law, who is a health nut, sent me some encouragement. When I replied to him it became apparent to me that this deal is similar to any rehabilitation program. Each day is an opportunity to get it together. We just have to make it one day at a time. Each day I am going to view it as an opportunity to eat right and put more activity in my life.

Because ultimately bad eating habits and inactivity will have the same effect as any drug or other addiction. CRISIS and DEATH!

Replies

• imperfectlyhere
    Options
    If I have a bad day there is always tomorrow and we start fresh! Lol
  • tbecker39
    tbecker39 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The weekends are harder for me. I had not been logging my food on the weekends so today I did. I feel better about today. I know that I made good choices. even the donut did not wreck my day and can put my guilt to rest.
  • Msvalsworld
    Msvalsworld Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    That is my motto that is working for me "one day at a time"
  • Cherub146
    Cherub146 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    so- i want to lose weight, but how do i get motivation??- i always seem to come up with excuses- been doing food monitoring every day while away on hols- did a 45 min walk every day too- stayed just under/ just over the allowed plan- but didn't lose wieght- even with the exercise!! most dissapointed
  • deemedpriceless
    deemedpriceless Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Cherub -- your body could simply be adjusting to the new routine. You might be surprised to find that you lose double the weight next week. Don't STOP!!!! If it helps trick your body. I know you are walking but alternate between a stroll and a brisk walk during the same walk. Walk two laps, one brisk walk, stroll, then brisk. Try that to ramp up your system. It is possible to lose weight. It is a matter of eating less than we burn. Double check your profile too and make sure you aren't giving yourself more calories by saying you're more active than you should be. Just a thought! Good Luck and we are in it together!:flowerforyou: