Sweet Tooth cravings!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• cyndi101
    Options
    I like a bowl of mixed fresh fruit with a FEW chocolate chips mixed in. Sweet and chocolately

:drinker: Love Love Love this idea...going to try it Soon
  • chrysnel
    Options
    If you can, check out Clean Eating magazines - there are some amazing recipes in there!
  • BobbieJo_1977
    BobbieJo_1977 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    one thing the dietian suggested for me was 100% whey protein shakes... they are high in protein and will make you feel fuller. get the chocolate powder and mix it with skim milk. its like a thicker chocolate milk. its better then it sounds and will satify your chocolate craving while making you fee fuller.

another suggestion would be homemade smoothies.... use fresh or frozen fruit and low-fat vanilla yogurt, throw it in the blender w/ some ice and its kinda like ice cream.

good luck on your journey hope we can help each other out.

You can make icecream out of the protein powder, and it is pretty tasty!
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    The two best options I've found for ice cream cravings are Arctic Zero and Wow Cow.

Arctic Zero is basically a frozen whey protein shake. Comes in pint containers that are 150 calories per pint. Flavors available are chocolate, chocolate peanut butter, cookies and cream, mint chocolate cookie, vanilla with a hint of maple and vanilla. Their website has a store locator so you can find where it's sold near you. (sold at places like Whole Foods and specialty markets)

Wow Cow can be harder to locate. It's kind of similar to Arctic Zero but is designed as a froyo option rather than pre-packaged pints. It has no added sugar and is 9 calories per ounce. You'll need to check your local froyo places for this one. Not self serve or trendy places, check your smaller places that have been around awhile. The kinds of places that are probably small, mom and pop kind of owners, three or four dual flavor machines kind of shops. I've found it at five places in my area so far. And it comes in tons of flavors - cookies and cream, Andes mint, marshmallow, angel food cake, German chocolate cake, pumpkin, peanut butter, coffee, toffee nut, raspberry cheesecake, blueberry cheesecake, caramel fudge, chocolate fudge peanut butter cookie, mocha fudge, and on and on and on. I love getting it on bad days or days that I feel like I need to splurge or drown my sorrows in food. Because I can get the medium at my local shop, which is listed as 12oz, but they usually serve up 14oz each time, eat the whole thing and it's only 126 calories. So it feels and satisfies like a guilty pleasure but without the calories of a guilty pleasure.

For chocolate cravings I either have a single square of really, really good very dark chocolate and just let it melt on my tongue. Or I have a deep chocolate VitaTop. I like to microwave it for 10 seconds but then finish it in the toaster so it's soft and warm inside and toasty on the outside.