New but hopeful!

Options
Hi everyone. My name is Liz. I am 32, and I have gained about 50 lbs since college. I was actually too skinny then, but I need to lose about 35 lbs for my height. I live in a very outdoorsy mountain town where a lot of people are considered extreme athletes and look fantastic. It is hard to be around sometimes. I have always been athletic, but with the extra weight I find myself enjoying it less because I am the one slowing everyone else down. I gave up for a while, but it has started to make me depressed, which my boyfriend pointed out the other day. I'm tired of hurting myself and him. So far this site is great! I can't wait to see the results in a few months. My discipline has been lacking and I think a daily log is just what I need. Here's to everyone trying to better themselves!

Replies

• lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. My name is Liz. I am 32, and I have gained about 50 lbs since college. I was actually too skinny then, but I need to lose about 35 lbs for my height. I live in a very outdoorsy mountain town where a lot of people are considered extreme athletes and look fantastic. It is hard to be around sometimes. I have always been athletic, but with the extra weight I find myself enjoying it less because I am the one slowing everyone else down. I gave up for a while, but it has started to make me depressed, which my boyfriend pointed out the other day. I'm tired of hurting myself and him. So far this site is great! I can't wait to see the results in a few months. My discipline has been lacking and I think a daily log is just what I need. Here's to everyone trying to better themselves!
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Hi Liz!
    You will love it here! This is a great site and everyone is really supportive! The daily log has helped me tremendously. I have a really hard time losing weight, and watching my calorie intake has helped so much. It's also great to see how many calories you can burn per day or week.
    We're here for you!
    Melissa:smile: